Sr Data Analyst
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Data Analyst/Data Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD. The successful candidate will conduct complex data analysis in support of execution of the NAD (Business group) Strategic plan and ad-hoc projects, as defined by VP of Data science. The primary goal will be to leverage data and communicate findings to help business make smarter, data-backed business decisions.
- Responsible for extracting large quantities of data from On-premises systems, developing efficient ETL and data management processes, and building architectures for rapid ingestion and dissemination of key data.
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems
- Create interactive visualizations, dashboards, and reproducible reports to share your findings and recommendations with the internal team and other stakeholders.
- Design and implement complete and complex data modelling and analytics to measure the performances of complex telecommunication systems and assist in devising feedback control to improve the efficiency of the system.
- Apply the knowledge in statistics, AI/ML coding and development, cloud-based analytics platform to create an integrated data analytics platform for complex communications system.
- Collaborate with leaders and managers to determine and address data and reporting needs for various company projects.
- Create ML models that depict company-wide trends.
- Determine the meaning of data and explain how various teams and leaders can leverage it to improve and streamline their processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related technical field.
- 3 to 5 years of Data Analytics work which includes data modelling and data visualization.
- 2+ years of software development experience using Python, R, RESTful APIs.
- At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- 1 year of experience or classes related to large data and ability to develop trends based on the data
- Academic background in machine learning, probability and statistics and linear algebra.
- Well versed with Python and R as key programming languages to use for data science.
- ML/statistical techniques, TensorFlow, sklearn, numpy, etc.
- Working knowledge in Cloud based data architecture and development of applications.
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts using Python
- Experience with Design, code, and debug operations, reporting, data analysis and web applications utilizing Python.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.