Sr. Design Engineer, ESTO Externals designer (Hybrid)
East Hartford, CT
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire, and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect, and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused Design Engineer to work for our Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles (MSEN), Engineering Support to Operations (ESTO) Team based in East Hartford, CT.
- In this role you will be involved with various production support activities related to commercial or military products. Plan and manage corrective action activities that drive QN and cost reduction.
- Develop Class II engineering change packages to improve quality, cost and producibility metrics. Incorporate Pro-Cert methodology and data driven decision making into Class II process. Lead Cost of Poor-Quality initiatives and producibility improvement tasks. Identify areas of waste within production support process. Continue to challenge current process and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
- Eliminate repeat analysis through proactively addressing repeat QNs. Capture ESTO producibility lessons learned. Drive continuous improvement into product development cycle. Become Subject Matter Expert (SME) for applicable part families and engine hardware. Prepare and present status and technical content to CIPT, MSEN/ESTO management and Program management.
- Work closely with operations, quality, procurement, and engineering discipline SMEs to drive root cause investigations, develop associated corrective actions, and implement product and process improvements.
- Managing outsource technical quality and growing outsource technical proficiency.
- Opportunity for increased visibility within CIPTs by being main point of contact for all QN activity.
- Grow technical proficiency by supporting 502 and 701 task closure –goal to become CIPT Delegate Approver for applicable hardware part families. Support rapid closure of SDO/FPN investigations. Establish best practices for defect assessment and defining “Right-size Analysis” through risk-based decision-making process.Opportunity to grow communication and leadership skills through driving QN workflow with outsource teams
- Coordinate evaluation and response to supplier requests for information (eSRI).
- Support engineering related efforts to meet shop and supplier MRP requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years of Engineering experience, or
- An Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 3+ years of Engineering experience
- Degree from ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited schools.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry within the design and/or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SAP, Teamcenter, Unigraphics, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis.
- Understanding of hardware, blueprints, and manufacturing methods.
- Candidate should have excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cultural awareness.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo