Sr. Design Engineer, Firmware
Schneider Electric Buildings Americas, Inc.
We are hiring a Firmware Experts with a strong background in Designing on Firmware, C programming, C++, RTOS, Linux to join the Schneider Electric for one of our business Solar + Storage team in Bangalore.
Please find below the Job Description
At Schneider Electric, sustainability is at the core of our purpose, culture and business.
Come join our team and help us build a portfolio of residential energy products including solar inverters, batteries, EV chargers, smart electrical panels, connected outlets and smart lighting solutions! Let’s create an eco-system together that makes our homes fully electric, way more intelligent, gives users greater control of their energy usage, and instead of contributing to climate change – helps fix it!
What will you do?- As a Lead Firmware Engineer
- Understand product requirements / Firmware specifications / communications firmware architecture for Solar Energy Grid Tie / Off Grid Inverters /Back-up systems / Auxiliary Products like Gateway and Operator Interfaces stations.
- Hands on Code Implementation / debugging / development and testing of systems
- Development of real time state machine, monitoring and communications functions for the above referred renewable energy products.
- Understand and comply with QMS and PMP requirements
- Participate in subsystem and system level design verification planning and testing
- Programming language C/C++ for 32 bit microcontrollers/microprocessors,
- RTOS environments like uC OS-II, QNX, Linux or other platforms.
- Familiarity with Linux based development environments and docker containers.
- Familiarity with embedded testing, test automation scripting for embedded products, development tools, including emulators and version control software
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies / Scrum workflow.
- Experience developing embedded systems for power control products very desirable
- Exposure to IOT frameworks and cloud technologies.
- Scripting languages like Python and Lua.
- Experience in industrial field bus communication protocols like MODBUS / CAN and protocols like USB,TCP/IP and embedded webservers.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and experience in working with global teams
Qualifications – External:-
BE / B.Tech / M.Tech / M.S with 10+ years of experience in Embedded system development and communication protocols.
Creating a More Sustainable World, Together
Sustainability is at the core of our purpose – to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. And we are being recognized for this too! In 2021, Schneider Electric was ranked the world’s most sustainable corporation by Corporate Knights – an acknowledgement of our Sustainability Impact 2021-2025 program, and our long-standing commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues.
What's in it for you?
- Flexibility: With our Global Flexibility at Work policy, and our hybrid work model, we empower our employees to work flexibly, managing their unique life and work in the way that works best for them. We embrace agile, flexible, and smart ways of working for our people — to support higher performance, greater inclusion and well-being, and stronger resiliency. Working part-time or from the comfort of your home are just a few of the opportunities available when you most need them.
- Career Development: We provide a rich environment for our people to grow and learn every day. Our career development model is built around 3 pillars: Experience, Exposure and Education. In addition to working with your manager to build your unique career path, you can use our digital and borderless career platform – Open Talent Market – to match your skills and ambitions to opportunities across the organization including mentorships, part-time projects, and open positions.
- Inclusive Environment: At Schneider Electric, diversity is an integral part of our history, culture, identity, and success. By embracing difference, we build a culture of respect where everyone feels safe to be their authentic selves. We are fully committed to inclusion, and our policies and culture reflect this commitment to our employees.
We are looking for positive, self-motivated, passionate people with a keen desire to collaborate in an exciting, energetic, team-based design environment to help us develop next generation technologies to empower and connect our world-class products to each other, and to our customers.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.