Sr. Design Engineer (Onsite)
Country:United States of America
Location:PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire, and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect, and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Engineering Support to Operations Engineering (ESTO) is seeking a proactive, goal oriented, detail-focused design engineer to work for the ESTO organization with design responsibilities for compressor blades and related hardware in an on-site role based in Columbus. Georgia. In this role you'll be responsible for design tasks related to the commercial and military engine compressor blades manufactured in Columbus and work directly with the Engineering Support to Operations (ESTO) organizations along with quality and manufacturing engineering teams based at Columbus Forge.
- Perform design tasks as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) to meet task and technical requirements.
- Evaluate product improvement opportunities and process Class 2 engineering changes for those initiatives.
- Perform design analysis in support of quality non-conformances, stop delivery orders and supplier requests for information.
- Work closely with the IPT members and technical experts on hardware field investigations to drive root cause and recommend product improvements.
- Work with multidiscipline teams to address various production improvement opportunities to reduce nonconformance’s and increase producibility.
- Prepare and present status and technical content to Component Integrated Product Teams, Compression Systems Module Center and Support to Operations management and program management when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering, and 5+ years of Engineering experience, or
- An Advanced Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering, and 3+ years of Engineering experience
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Direct design experience at Pratt & Whitney or Aerospace Industry experience with analytical skills and ability to provide creative solutions.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, Teamcenter, Unigraphics, Ansys, or other aerospace industry design tools.
- Understanding of compressor blades, drawings, and manufacturing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Possess excellent judgement, professional maturity, and cultural awareness.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo