Sr. Director, Procurement
Waring Products, Inc.
Conair is a leading international designer, manufacturer, and marketer of branded personal care and small kitchen appliances, cookware, hairbrushes & accessories, cosmetic bags, and travel accessories.
Conair has always been driven by a passion for innovation; it’s part of the Company’s DNA. Trendsetting products have been invented by Conair since its inception in 1959, keeping the Company always a step ahead of the competition. The company's domestic and international divisions offer a diversified mix of consumer and professional products sold in over 120 countries. The Family of Conair brands includes CONAIR, Cuisinart, BabylissPRO, Scünci , TRAVELSMART by CONAIR, and Waring.
Conair’s passion for innovation gets stronger with each decade, as evidenced by the over 1,000 patents the Company has obtained worldwide. Today, Conair and its brands are names known throughout the world. Conair continues to introduce its brands to new and emerging markets, year after year. By the 1990s, most households in America owned at least one Conair product. Today many have more than one, and the Company’s goal is to ensure that every household in the world eventually owns one of our products.
At Conair, we inspire our customers with innovative quality products and brands that enhance their lives.
The Sr. Director of Procurement will provide leadership to critical sourcing & purchasing activities across the entire company with a focus on developing best-in-class practices. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that all our external supplier spend, and engagements are being executed and transacted at the highest levels of efficiency, quality, and integrity. This position will define a proactive rather than tactical approach to procurement and supplier relationship management and develop analytics that ensure the Procurement group continues to achieve and maintain world class return on investment as it relates to savings per procurement FTE.
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy for all categories which meets or exceeds targets and expectations
- Develop a pipeline of projects, working with leadership and key stakeholders to align resources for support as needed
- Manage strategic sourcing initiatives, following a 7-step sourcing methodology. Prepare and execute bid packages utilizing RFIs, RFPs, reverse auctions, etc.
- Find alternate and innovative ideas to provide business solutions, challenge requirements and specifications to create a competitive advantage
- Develop qualified, competitive sources of supply on a continuing basis through comprehensive financial and market review
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key marketing stakeholders. Manage stakeholder engagement and alignment throughout the end-to-end sourcing process
- Support savings tracking processes, measure contract compliance and other key metrics to ensure targets are being met and value is being delivered to the business
- Develop, negotiate, and manage contract process
- Assist stakeholders in managing supplier relationships, tracking supplier performance, and communicating performance feedback to suppliers
- Develop implementation and transition plans and support change management initiatives
- Leverage available sourcing tools and technologies to conduct spend analysis, contract and supplier relationship management and strategic sourcing activities
- Write policies and procedures, and gain alignment for change management activities, to further drive process controls and compliance
- Manage operational activities related to the global credit card and travel programs
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, Engineering, or related discipline MBA or master’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of professional experience in Sourcing and Procurement with a deep understanding of best practices and world-class processes.
- Deep understanding of financial measurement; ability to identify and quantify legitimate areas of business benefit (cost savings, avoidance, client satisfaction, quality improvement, etc.)
- Previous global experience, particularly with Asia, working within a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- 3-5+ years of people management experience
- Collaborative team player and leader, able to build a positive work environment
- Strong sense of ownership and sense of urgency, driven and motivated
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Capable to perform in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and time-sensitive environment
- Effective communication and presentation competencies
- Full knowledge of internal sourcing/procurement procedures and processes, and knowledge of the external trends, global supply markets and best practices
- Experience and familiarity with electrical parts and appliances.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and project management skills; ability to lead complex global projects and build and execute sourcing strategies
- Effective relationship-building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels in the organization, Strong negotiation skills
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for business (20% if needed)
- We currently operate on a hybrid schedule; candidate must be willing to come into the office 50% of time.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HRA/Dependent Care FSA
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
- Annual Profit-Sharing Contributions
- 401k and company match
- Free Lunch (in some locations)
- EAP & Employee Wellness Programs
- Volunteer Days Paid Time Off
Are you passionate about this opportunity but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you!
Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to Conair!ID:uDnQdo