Sr. Financial Reporting Specialist
The Sr. Financial Reporting Specialist will be responsible for external reporting of financial reporting and internal controls compliance support. This will include external financial report issuance, monthly internal controls compliance, and financial benchmarking.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Leads the creation of annual and quarterly financial statements. Work closely with the Accounting team to prepare and analyze external financial reports, including but not limited to monthly, quarterly, and annual external reporting requirements and special projects as assigned.
- Maintains and enhance effective internal controls over the financial reporting process
- Organizes and leads the execution and coordination of external auditors and internal audits
- Leads financial research efforts. Analyzes, researches, and concludes on new accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the reporting bodies and prepares the related technical memorandums, accounting policies, and/or white papers
- Assist Internal Controls/Audit with implementation and compliance of internal control structure
- Review and update the reporting structure to align with the required external reporting requirements
- Serves as the subject matter expert to partner with the business to address and/or change any business processes or documents to accomplish business objective in line with standard requirements
- Stay current with accounting pronouncements, standard adoptions, and or new accounting or reporting requirements. If needed, develops and leads programs to adopt this requirement across the organization.
- Needs to respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of Company work except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related field required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in financial statement preparation and external reporting
- CPA required. Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- IFRS knowledge and experience preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills. Especially in areas such as Revenue Recognition, Warranty, and Intangible recognition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate professionally throughout all levels of the organization
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines is critical
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and sound moral compass
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Financial Acumen: Interprets and applies understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes, contradictor information to effectively solve problems
- Collaborates: Builds Partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
This opportunity is in Duluth, Minnesota.
Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted “Best Town” by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named “Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland” and “Best Workplace Culture” by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Work beyond 40 hours per week may be required.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.