SR Grit Blast Technician 2nd shift
Production Technician $17.50 - $30 Per hour DOE (depending on experience) $2.00/HR differential for working in Grit Blast.
Comparable manufacturing, general labor, assembly, aircraft maintenance considered as experience.
Cirrus Aircraft’s Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet™, the world’s first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® (CAPS®) – the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS® as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at cirrusaircraft.com.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot’s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
This role specifically works to sand blast composite piece parts for Cirrus production. The position works in a large booth preparing parts for assembly.
As a Manufacturing Technician, you will be trained in installing aircraft components, sub-assemblies, and composite parts. You will play an integral role creating and constructing the world's best selling general aviation aircraft, though you do not need any aviation experience to succeed at Cirrus. However, with experience, you could earn a higher starting wage.
Dependent on the department in which you are placed, you will be responsible for the following as a Manufacturing Technician.
- Inspecting and installing aircraft components, sub-assemblies, and composite parts.
- Following engineering drawings and specifications to install, connect, or bond aircraft parts using adhesives, rivets, or threaded fasteners.
- Ensures fit, clearance, alignment, and functional performance complies with design requirements.
- Preparing and using fixtures to aid in locating, bonding, or drilling aircraft parts.
- Routing wire harnesses in accordance with specifications.
About the Aircraft Production Team:
- Composite shop: Work with adhesives, bonding aircraft parts
- Assembly: Work with nuts and bolts, route wires, and install small parts
- Paint shop: Prep and prime, sanding, buffing, spraying, sealants, and stripes
- Mechanically inclined background is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to follow and complete work instructions properly.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and other personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to lift varying weight repeatedly.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours in a day.
High School Diploma or GED required.
This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted “Best Town” by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named “Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland” and “Best Workplace Culture” by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.ID:uDnQdo