Sr. Logistics Specialist
Our mission is to redefine the home experience with tech and services to create a smarter, greener, safer home that saves our customers money every month.
The Senior Logistics Specialist is directly responsible for providing executable transportation plans to assist in managing transportation expenditures. The primary focus in this role will be to handle all the US Domestic LTL and Parcel lanes in a high-volume distribution network. This role will coordinate directly with agents, freight handlers, brokers, air carriers, and inland transportation carriers. This position requires a fast learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Coordinate shipments with suppliers, transportation service providers, and freight forwarders/ packers to ensure the safe and timely delivery of products and materials from domestic suppliers to Vivint facilities.
- Manage domestic parcel and LTL shipments with the ability to communicate concerns that arise in service levels.
- Facilitate and support issue resolution, ensuring delivery requirements can be met.
- Ensure timely processing of transportation service provider invoices in accordance with service provider agreements and corporate payment procedures.
- Build and develop carrier relationships via performance metrics.
- Recommend solutions to avoid any potential out-of-stock situations and document resolution activity.
- Analyze transportation costs and trends, update performance metrics, and prepare routine reports identifying actions for continuous improvement.
- Determine the best methods for shipping to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Be able to request and negotiate freight quotations based on specific shipment details, including container count, dimensions, and weight.
- Interacts with Finance to complete pertinent accounting functions; provides documentation; and resolves any discrepancies.
- Prepare necessary documentation, including bill of ladings, certificates of origin, and export declarations.
- Ensure that transportation activities are in compliance with customs and government regulatory agencies.
- Understand global supply chain trends and incorporate them into planning to minimize costs and maximize performance.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office software including Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, and able to coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- High-level understanding of Domestic business and transportation terms and concepts.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience analyzing carrier and 3PL performance, cost, and business processes.
- Experience in contract statements of work, service level agreements, and terms & conditions.
- Solid working knowledge of Incoterms.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience in International and Domestic transportation planning, supply chain, logistics and/or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience providing strategic recommendations based on data analysis and logic.
Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it’s a great place to grow your career!
Here are some highlighted perks you should ask us about:
- Free daily lunch and drinks on site
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Employee/Friends/Family Discounts
- Onsite health clinic, gym, gaming tables
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage & 24/7 Medical Hotline
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Employee Resource Groups
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.