Sr Manufacturing Engineer – 1st Shift – Onsite
Country:United States of America
Location:PW714: Holt MI 1780 Holloway, Holt, MI, 48842 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Auto Air (PWAA) is seeking a motivated individual interested in joining the Raytheon Technologies team in assisting to transform our site into a world class manufacturing site. You will get the opportunity to explore, implement, and utilize industry leading technology as well as push the innovation envelope to unprecedented areas. Engineers will oversee day to day activities on the manufacturing line while continually pursuing opportunities for continuous improvement. This position is a 2nd Shift position and shift hours are 1400-2200.
- Program automated systems
- Plans sequences of operations, estimates time required and writes process sheets and bill of materials
- Determines from part drawing and other engineering data manufacturing methods and processes necessary for the fabrication and assembly of complex products
- Investigates, establishes, and implements requirements for equipment, tooling, and material, including make or buy decisions and facility layout as required for new or revised products
- Investigates and troubleshoots manufacturing problems.
- Provides technical support to operations
- Consult with design or projects engineering concerning the suitability or producibility of complex molds, fixtures, or parts
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience; or an advanced Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Machine Design, Engineering Technology or Industrial Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar and CAD (NX, AutoCAD) software
- Able to interpret manufacturing drawings and 3D models
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6s, etc.)
- U.S. Person Status required due to government contracts
- Process management / statistical process control / data analysis / analysis of variance / design of experiment / process risk analysis / PPAP / FMEA, control plans, root cause analysis experience preferred
- Six-sigma green belt certification
- Experience in automation and robotic applications
- Fanuc Equipment/Robot/Robo guide Programming knowledge
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment.
This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms