Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Maxar Technologies Holdings, Inc.
San Jose, CA
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join our team in San Jose, CA. In this role, you will design, analyze, and qualify highly reliable spacecraft power and avionics electrical units addressing challenging constraints with mass, thermal, structural, and electronic packaging. Mechanical engineers within the Bus Electronics Design organization will perform mechanical design, thermal and structural analyses in support of new products, as well as support the development and qualification and environmental testing.
- Design, analyze, and qualify complex, highly reliable spacecraft power and avionics electrical units
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams (electrical, CAD, reliability) on developing the CCA (circuit card assembly) layout and packaging
- Upload and manage parts lists, drawings, and models to product lifecycle management tool (Teamcenter)
- Perform thermal, mechanical, fatigue, and structural analyses
- Ensure standards for key product development processes are defined and followed for engineering, design, analysis and testing. Ensure these standard processes are uniformly adhered to and followed
- Skilled at DFx (design for cost, design for manufacturing, design for test). Ensure designs include a balanced approach to optimize performance, assembly, integration, and test
- Prepare and present external design reviews with management and customers
- Support environmental tests (thermal, vibration, and pyroshock) for both unit qualification and production
- Accept responsibility and accountability for project tasks and milestone achievement commensurate with spacecraft program needs
- Mentor and lead more junior engineers in product design heritage, methodology, and test philosophies
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, a related engineering discipline or equivalent experience - an additional four years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience
- Working knowledge of CAD tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering or Physics
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, key suppliers and team members in both oral and written form
- Ability to adapt fluidly to new information, changing constraints, new requirements, and personnel assignments
- Proficient in the use of thermal and structural analysis tools (e.g. FEMAP, PATRAN, Thermal Desktop)
- Working knowledge of Cadence or Altium design tools
- Familiarity with applicable aerospace, drafting, and PWB design standards (e.g. Military standards, ASME Y14.5, IPC standards)
- Ability to perform trade studies to optimize technical performance, mass, power, thermal, cost, schedule, and risks to meet product and programmatic needs
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$97,000.00 - $161,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.ID:uDnQdo