Sr Mgr, Tech Prod Training
Elmendorf Afb, AK
Country:United States of America
Location:AK502: Elmendorf AFB 11575 Sijan Avenue P.O. Box 6904, Elmendorf AFB, AK, 99506 USA
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics.
Vertex Aerospace LLC acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.
Special Operations Forces Subject Matter Expert
Raytheon currently has an opportunity for an experienced professional serving as the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the performance of contract responsibilities in support of the Northwest Range Operations and Sustainment (NWROS) contract, Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) located at Eielson AFB, AK.
The SOF SME aids the integration of SOF training events into PACAF exercises. They partner in drafting Desired Learning Objectives (DLO) in order to integrate SOF into MFEs, develop training scenarios enabling participants to gain DLOs to meet accredited Universal Joint Tasks (UJTL), and Joint Mission Essential Tasks (JMET). SOF SME observes training of the SOF units during key events focused on SOF/Conventional Forces Integration, Interoperability, and Interdependence and contributes to mission debriefs and exercise after action reports.
NWROS provides integrated range operations, maintenance, and sustainment in support of joint air and ground combat training and testing for the Unites State Air Force’s (USAF) Headquarters (HQ) Pacific Air Command (PACAF) at the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) and select deployed locations within PACAF’s Area of Responsibility (AOR). The NWROS is a turnkey, comprehensive support contract that facilitates sustainment/ maintenance of range facilities, planning and execution of exercise and/or daily training mission support and Live-Virtual and Constructive (LVC) integration in support of training. Key tasks include:
- Assists in supervising the performance of contractual responsibilities.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for SOF doctrine and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) to include their incorporation into joint exercises.
- Assists in developing and publishing training plans, CONOPs, and Range Safety plans to enable the teams to meet all administrative requirements for training.
- Coordinate directly with DoD, US Army Alaska, and non-government agencies as required to establish training objectives, scenario development, joint/coalition training events, air/ground transport, and joint fires integrations.
- Coordinate the scheduling of range training lands.
- Assist RF-A and 353CTS staff in the reception and bed down of SOF units, providing operational and logistic support where required.
- Serve as the Exercise Control Group Point of Contact and interface between the SOF units, White Forces and Blue Forces participants.
- Observe training of the SOF units during key events focused on SOF/Conventional Force Integration, Interoperability, and Interdependence, and contribute to debriefs and after-action reviews.
- Collect lessons learned and best practices during execution to assist the RF-A Lessons Learned/Assessments SME in writing the exercise after action reports and assist the RF-A JNTC Liaison in capturing training, lessons and highlights for inclusion in the JNTC After-Action Report.
- Identify SOF training capability shortfalls on the JPARC, analyzing, recommending, and supporting installation/operation of technical solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in planning/employing SOF capabilities.
- Ability to obtain/retain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Extensive knowledge of SOF and Conventional TTPs, JMET and UJTL.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to timely implement new solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct presentations in front of senior level management and customers.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to work across diverse groups of people and at all levels of an organization.
- Reside near or be willing to relocate to the vicinity of Fairbanks/Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska.
- Former Joint Planner with experience employing/integrating SOF capabilities in military operations.
- Experience planning/executing large Joint/Combined exercises.
- Graduate of MEL 4 (USN War College, Army or Air Command& Staff College).
- Experience in planning/executing large exercises.
- Comprehensive knowledge of exercise design and conversant in Joint Fires, Air and Ground tactics, capabilities and equipment.
- Experience working with constructive simulation and LVC-IA systems.
- Experience supporting live fire range operations for both direct fire and air delivered munitions.
- Former member of SOF unit.
Bachelors’ Degree in Management, Operations, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms