Sr. P&C Generalist
For over 50 years, AeroVironment has been a leader in advanced technologies and diverse innovations that have redefined how the world drives, flies, and connects.
If you thrive on a culture of relentless problem-solving and invention, and want to work for a global front-runner where you tackle real-world challenges, then AeroVironment is the place for you.
Come join our group of innovative thinkers and discover how collaborative efforts produce extraordinary products that touch lives around the world. You can be a part of the team that developed these firsts: a controlled human-powered aircraft, the modern consumer electric car, a tiny hummingbird-like drone and a helicopter that flew on Mars. We also set flight records in near-space with our solar-powered aircraft and we re-shaped the battlefield with portable, hand-held, tactical drones and loitering munitions. We have cemented our reputation around the world and in record books as unrivaled technological pioneers, including seven innovative vehicles in the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
While engineering for the future is what we do, we are ever-mindful of our strong commitment to purpose — to secure lives and advance sustainability through transformative innovation. The products and solutions we provide our customers help to save lives and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
Join us to help push beyond the realm of the possible with such future-defining technologies as robotics, sensors, software analytics and connectivity to generate ever-more meaningful actionable intelligence for our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
The Sr. People & Culture (HR) Generalist will provide support in the areas of Human Resources compliance, engagement, performance management, process improvement projects, employee relations and is responsible for assisting the People & Culture (P&C) Business Partner team with a variety of HR duties and will provide remote support for other AeroVironment locations.
In this position, the People & Culture Generalist will use their HR functional expertise to align critical human resources principles with business objectives.
Location: This position is Hybrid/Remote and is required to work onsite 2-3 days per week at the Simi Valley/Moorpark, CA offices.
- Formulate partnerships across People & Culture (P&C) function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives
- Partner with the People & Culture (P&C) Business Partners to provide day-to-day guidance to supervisors and managers in the form of coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assist employees with day-to-day People & Culture (P&C) inquiries; work with P&C Operations, Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Organizational Effectiveness, etc. to ensure employee questions are answered thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Manage the voluntary termination off-boarding process including exit interviews, termination paperwork and proper documentation
- Manage and support global employee programs and events (Culture Club)
- Continuously strive for process improvements and efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years of related experience working in human resources
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of areas within Human Resources including onboarding, performance management, compensation, and benefits
- Experience managing onboarding and presenting information to employees
- Possess current understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication, with the ability to “think on one’s feet” in high pressure situations
- Highly collaborative style, capable of working across multiple functional areas to represent the People & Culture team
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Operating Systems, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Other Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Prior Human Capital Management systemexperience (Workday preferred)
- Experience with multiple large, company-wide program implementations
- Able to work effectively and efficiently across functions and have a proven track record of working successfully across multiple levels of an organization
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Displays strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
- Takes ownership and responsibility for current and past work products
- Is committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve and enhance performance of oneself, others, and the company
- Focuses on teamwork and puts the success of the team above one's own interests
- Ability to work in an office or home office environment (Constant)
- Required to sit and stand for long periods; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard (Frequent)
The salary range for this role is:$96,000 - $144,000
AeroVironment considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the location, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
ITARU.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) required. ID:uDnQdo