Sr. Project Controls Engineer
Rex Materials Group
Why work for us?
Alkegen brings together two of the world’s leading specialty materials companies to create one new, innovation-driven leader focused on battery technologies, filtration media, and specialty insulation and sealing materials. Through global reach and breakthrough inventions, we’re delivering products that enable the world to breathe easier, live greener, and go further than ever before.
With over 60 manufacturing facilities with a global workforce of over 9,000 of the industry’s most experienced talent, including insulation and filtration experts, Alkegen is uniquely positioned to help customers impact the environment in meaningful ways.
Alkegen offers a range of dynamic career opportunities with globe-spanning reach. From production operators to engineers, technicians to specialists, sales to leadership, we’re always looking for top talent ready to bring their best. Come grow with us!
Senior Controls Project Engineer
- B.S. degree in mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, chemical or controls engineering with a minimum of 8 years (experience can be substituted for a technical M.S. degree) in engineering in a technical role.
- On the job experience in process design, process improvement, statistical process control, lean six sigma applications, and/or data acquisition.
- Experience in process design and manufacturing of high volume, high precision manufacturing systems and related equipment for new and existing processes
- Experience in equipment specification, design, and integration for new and existing processes.
- Able to travel up to 50%, typical travel 15-25%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Drive implementation of controls, data acquisition, and robotics as it relates to manufacturing process strategy, technology, capability, and capacity.
- Designs, develops, and supervises all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery
- Assist in the development of global standards. Take ownership of global controls, data acquisition, and robotics as it relates to process engineering and manufacturing.
- Works with vendors to implement and develop customized solutions to lower production cost, increase capacity and improve quality of fluid power products.
- Supports complex projects requiring the integration of worldwide technology and resources to meet operational objectives.
- Responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software. This position develops PLC and HMI code for automated equipment.
- Design, program and test multi-axis servo systems. Test and debug control systems. Adapt existing equipment programs to global specifications. Create documentation for control systems. Technical support of existing equipment in person and remotely.
- Participate in equipment specification, drawing approvals, electrical build reviews, runoffs and on-floor machine commissioning. Assist in project definition, specification, purchasing follow through to installation. Reprogram automation for engineering changes and improvements.
- Integrate error proofing devices into automation (as required)
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of this role. Works under immediate supervision.
- Provide support to Regional and Plant Operations / Engineering to maintain current capability, implement additional capabilities, answer questions, address concerns and remove cultural/technical barriers
- Provides technical/procedural expertise and guidance to others in accomplishing projects as directed
- Work with outside vendors to acquire needed supplies, parts, and design operation standards for process improvement implementation and standardization
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years (2 years of experience can be substituted for a technical MS Degree) in manufacturing engineering in a technical role (roles prior to graduation are considered as experience).
- Recent master degree engineering graduates will be considered that have considerable experience in controls programming, data acquisition, and/or robotics programming.
- Allen Bradley PLC and motion controls experience is a must
- Siemens or Mitsubishi controls experience is major plus
- Mathematical modeling, programming, and/or simulation development experience in either a commercially available or customized software packages
- Siemens and Allen Bradley/Rockwell Controls Programming (i.e. Studio500/5000)
- Proficiency using AutoCAD
- Familiarity with:
- variable frequency drives, servos, and CNC (MTC and MTX)
- industrial networks (i.e. Ethernet IP)
- Class IV lasers and laser safety
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings
- Experience with process flow analysis and general manufacturing principles
- Willingness to develop project management skills, including communication, execution and follow-up assessment
- Ability to work focus on core projects and adhering to instructions (preventing scope creep)
- Results oriented; seeks effective, creative solutions to process problems
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in front of all levels of the organization
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Strong technical English proficiency
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Accuracy of engineering responsibilities and adherence to financial budgets
- Attention to detail
- Individual Value Stream Service Levels and Industrial Engineering Metrics (Downtime, OEE, TEEP, etc.)
- Global Process Key Outcome Indicator (KOI) (Process Yield and Material Usage Variance (MUV))
If you are interested in being part of a world class Capital Engineering function here at Alkegen then we would love to hear from you.
At Alkegen, we strive every day to help people – ALL PEOPLE – breathe easier, live greener and go further than ever before. We believe that diversity and inclusion is central to this mission and to our impact. Our diverse and inclusive culture drives our growth & innovation and we nurture it by actively embracing our differences and using our varied perspectives to solve the complex challenges facing our changing and diverse world.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, nation of origin, religion, color, gender identity and expression, age, disability, education, opinions, culture, languages spoken, veteran’s status, or any other protected class.ID:uDnQdo