Sr Project Manager II
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Project Manager with expertise in Engineering software and/or Lab Management Systems. Preferably with Solidworks, Biovia, and other Dassualt software. Experience configuring/validating GMP software. Experience in managing software upgrades. Networking/validating lab test equipment and software a plus. The professional will provide support against the following deliverables:
- Designing and applying appropriate project management standards.
- Managing the production of the required deliverables
- Adopting any delegation and use of project assurance roles within agreed reporting structures.
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Liaison with program management and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Applying change control and configuration management processes.
- Liaison with appointed project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards.
- Develops project charter, project management plan, direct and manage project work, monitor and control project work, perform integrated change control, close Project and/or phase.
- Serve as a liaison between B. Braun, service providers, vendors, contractors, internal SMEs, and solution partners involve in designing and building the resulting solution.
- Gather a master list of assets from each site along with communication protocol capabilities to feed the architecture and infrastructure design initiatives.
- Lead the effort to generate/update and review process descriptions, URS, and functional and detail specifications for process and software.
- Manage owner resources concerning project-related work to ensure the successful and timely completion of tasks as well as the implementation of all project work.
- Provide expertise in the execution of project work in a GMP environment and within issued QA guidelines.
- Provide an adequate level of expertise in scoping and managing project work.
- Communicate with R&D, Operational Technology, IT, QA, and CSV to ensure project work is properly coordinated and executed in alignment with all affected parties, guidelines, and stakeholders.
- Provide weekly progress reports to the project team and stakeholders to ensure all parties are up-to-date on all project-related activities.
- Hold project meetings weekly and as frequently as required to ensure the project work is being executed at an acceptable rate and all task owners have the necessary support and resources to complete their work on time.
- Hold project weekly meetings to update the project team on the project execution progress.
- Provide necessary project status updates in PEM IT and to the PMO, as needed.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Manages all aspects of projects for the organization.
- Coordinates the work activities for multiple functions to ensure satisfying delivery.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution and delivery.
- Tracks progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines or other performance indicators, and prepares reports to senior management.
- Assists with the selection, negotiation and managing of all activities regarding external consultants or vendors. Must build collaborative relationships.
- Must have ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills, project scheduling skills and project management skills.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry. Influences the development of and drives the application of principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and issues
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Target Based Range$112,320 - $140,400
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Walking
- Frequently:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Production/manufacturing environment, Warehouse environment, Lab environment
- Frequently:Office environment
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled