Sr Project Manager – Valent BioSciences LLC
Pace International, LLC
Valent BioSciences LLC is a worldwide leader in the research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of biorational products for the agriculture, public health, and forestry markets. We have more than 60 years of experience bringing biorational products to market, and our products are used in sustainable operations in 95 countries around the world. Biorational products maximize plant quality, productivity, and sustainability.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical, Valent BioSciences LLC operates with the Sumitomo Spirit mindset, which means to benefit both self and others, recognizing that private and public interests are one and the same. It’s about contributing to society, as well as making a profit.
Description of Job: The Senior Project Manager for Valent Biosciences Global Marketing and Business Management is responsible for managing global product launch projects and special business support projects. This role will help drive the strategy of the organizations Project Management Office, along with managing several soon to be hired resources. They will coordinate activities working closely with the Global Asset Directors, Global Product Development Managers and Regional Marketing Managers. They will be accountable for orchestrating the product launch activities in Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Regulatory, R&D, Manufacturing & Operations to ensure a successful product entry. They will also initiate, plan, and execute business support projects as they arise to mitigate risks to product placement.
- Manage the strategy and day-to-day operations of the Project Management Office for Valent BioSciences
- Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, within budget and within scope
- Engage each cross-functional person/team with accountable actions
- Develop project scope documentation for each project
- Identify risks and develop response plans
- Accountable for project budget development and control
- Leads project team in the execution of all projects
- Develop project schedule and control activities to keep projects on schedule
- Identify and resolve issues that arise
- Ability to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the role, while also managing several resources
- Candidates must be effective communicators to convey ideas, expectations, and information to their team, stakeholders
- They need to be able to lead their team to success by providing clear direction, motivation, and support
- They must be highly organized to manage multiple tasks, timelines, and resources simultaneously
- They must be able to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- They must be able to identify potential risks and take measures to mitigate them before they can negatively impact the project
- They need to be able to manage project budgets and make informed decisions to ensure the project stays within budget
- They must quickly identify and solve problems that may arise during a project
- They must be adaptable and adjust plans and strategies to keep the project on track
- They must be able to work collaboratively with their team to achieve project goals
- At least 10 years of project management and related experience
- At lease four (4) years of people management experience
- Agriculture experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skill
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Education: Bachelors degree in business administration, communications, or equivalent degree
Location: Global business headquarters in Libertyville, Illinois, with a hybrid telecommuting policy of up to 20% per month.
Travel: As required
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, 401k matching, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us: Valent BioSciences, LLC has a strong commitment to both sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR). In fact, being a responsible corporate citizen has been ingrained in our culture since the company’s founding. Today, it remains at the forefront of everything we do.
- Valent BioSciences LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and/or identity, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disabilities, or protected veteran status.