Sr Quality Control Coordinator
Performance Food Group
Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America’s food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Responsible for checking quality of designated product and taking daily inventory on produce. Removes spoiled product that is short-dated from inventory and repacking full cases into smaller quantities. Responsible for quality check of all produce pick locations. Pulls for dump or salvage any produce with decay or otherwise not meeting shipping requirements. Reports any dumps or
salvage to Inventory Control. Solve problems and deal with a variety of produce situations where some standardization exists. Answers questions and solves quality control issues based on extensive quality control and company specific knowledge. May assist with training. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered
accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform assigned duties efficiently to reduce spoilage and contributes positively to profit margin; work closely with the cooler Receiving Department on perishable items.
- Communicate and interact with customers (and company personnel) and vendors in a friendly, timely and quality manner; ensure customers' and vendors' questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Determine quality of products returned by customers; work with Returns Clerk on returned produce quality.
- Check quality of produce and ensure poor quality product is removed before customer purchase; proper rotation and quality of product on a daily basis.
- Break / repack full cases to small cases.in the most timely and efficient manner as to reduce spoilage and lost inventory.
- Check for dating issue on designated products on a daily basis.Remove any short dated and bad product from inventory.
- Keep inventory counts current
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EEO StatementPerformance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Required QualificationsHigh School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
1 - 2 Years procurement, warehouse and / or administrative experience in related area.
Preferred QualificationsHigh School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
2-4 Years : procurement, warehouse and / or administrative experience in related area within foodservice industry.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants, and other experts builds close relationships with customers — providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection, and operational strategies. The Performance team delivers delicious food but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.