Sr. Reliability Engineer – Onsite
Country:United States of America
Location:TX360: Dallas - North Bldg 13510 North Central Expressway North Building, Dallas, TX, 75243 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. Life Cycle Engineering consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our Life Cycle Engineering disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
We’re an employee-focused team collaborating across departments, including Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations, Test & Integration and Production.
We’re currently conducting search for a Sr. Reliability Engineer to join our LCE team
In this role, your responsibilities will involve all aspects of RAM / FRACAS activity including:
- Ensuring the performance compliance of both customer and internal requirements.
- Analysis of engineering hardware and electrical drawings and schematics assessing for fault tolerance, latent hazards, and safety requirements compliance
This role is posted as ONSITE and is based in Dallas, TX.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on the development of technical solutions to complex reliability problems through active management of the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Providing technical reliability support direction to cross discipline program personnel
- Contributing to completion of technical tasks in a teaming environment
- Participating in meetings to discuss details of failures and failure trending
- Representing Raytheon at customer meetings
- Performing internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues
- Perform reliability analyses (de-rating/stress analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, reliability predictions) as applicable
- Participate in trade study investigations
- Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and minimum 5 years of relevant Engineering experience
- Experience with reliability analysis, failure investigations, and/or root cause/corrective action (RCCA)
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and/or presenting data
- Active and transferable U.S. government issued Top Secret security clearance is required prior to start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Experience in reading and interpreting and applying engineering drawings, including assembly drawings, parts lists, wire lists, and schematics
- Experience in failure modes and mechanisms related to the assembly, test and repair of complex electromechanical systems
- Proactive and effective in addressing reliability issues with program design, production, and sustainment teams
- Experience working with Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action tools such as XFRACAS or MMIS
- Experience working with shop floor tools in PRISM such as CMES or iMRO
- Familiarity with database interface tools e.g. ORACLE, SQL, ACCESS, Business Objects, and/or Tableau
- Extensive experience with Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, V-Lookups)
- Experience with Radar technology
- Experience with Six Sigma/continuous improvement
- Understanding of production, product support, and/or field sustainment
- Experience working in a cross functional team/matrixed environment
- Experience working in the DoD customer community (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- BS and MS degree in Engineering related STEM field
- An advanced degree may account for additional years of experience as required for this position.
What We Offer
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the outstanding benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
* Please consider the following role type definition as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineer, Systems Engineering
Clearance Information: This position requires an active security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo