Sr. Sourcing Analyst
Under the direction of and reporting to a Sourcing Manager of a Milwaukee Tool Business Unit, primary duties are to support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies related to applicable indirect categories and ongoing supplier relationship management. Scope primarily includes merchandising and marketing services. Develop and execute cost reduction plans to meet or exceed stated objectives. Utilize sourcing/supplier management experience to ensure sourced services exceed the required quality, cost, and terms of Milwaukee Tool. Own supplier relationships, including scorecards, risk mitigation, and problem resolution (capacity/cost/quality).
This position requires a high degree of problem-solving, working cross-functionally, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain reliable sources to ensure timely procurement of all assigned categories.
- Owner of assigned supply base and responsible for all management related to supplier performance.
- Identifies and implements supply base improvement opportunities to support both short-term and long-term production.
- Completes data analyses and generates reports to drive spend visibility and identify opportunities for supply base optimization.
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to gather and understand the requirements of their procurement needs; facilitate communication between business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Participates in the development, review, and approval of supplier selection methodologies
- Must be able to quickly identify and obtain expertise in assigned categories and understand the relevant manufacturing, ordering, and/or service processes and capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends.
- Evaluate existing sources for applicable capabilities, quality systems, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness, responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
- Prepares and executes RFP/RFQs and analyzes quotations and bids.
- Proactively coordinates the supplier selection and qualification process.
- Conducts, analyzes, and shares cost breakdown analysis to aide negotiations of per-unit cost; drives best overall cost and commercial terms.
- Supports cost savings reviews, standard-setting, commodity, and financial reviews.
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to support negotiations for assigned categories and contracts.
- Manage supplier relationships including communicating risks/opportunities with cross-functional teams.
- Support the building of long-term commercial relationships with strategic suppliers.
Job Skills Requirements
- Demonstrates abilities to be determined, self-driven, and resourceful.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exhibits strong negotiating skills and demonstrates proven success breaking down complex issues to proactively identify and align stakeholders to next steps.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects is required.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field.
- Specific course-work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable.
- CPM/CPSM certification a plus.
- Three or more years in sourcing, materials planning, supplier quality or related supply chain experience.
- Internship/Co-Op experiences in purchasing, manufacturing, or related experience a plus.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically (up to 25%).