Sr System Design Engineer
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Systems Design Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD. As a Sr. System Design Engineer, you will be working as part of a System Design team to analyze business requirements, business processes, and design in collaboration with all Subsystem SMEs, Developers, and Testers for the design and delivery of high-performance software applications.
- Analyze/Review business requirements and use cases and workflow documentation
- Document End to End business processes and flows
- Design and develop new software applications features, working closely with other system designers and developers.
- Complete Design and Business flows within budget
- Complete development projects on time and within budget
- Provide clear and detailed status reports regularly to the Management team
- Participate in the development and maintenance of software release notes and guidelines
- Mentor junior software designers and testers
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Computer Science major, or related discipline.
- 2 to 4 years of System Design Experience
- 4-+years of Software Industry Experience
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team
- Proficiency in software development for Business Support Systems and Operations Support systems such as Order Management, Provisioning Activation, etc.
- Experience in 3-tier Web Applications in Java, C/C++, Objected Oriented Technology Stack
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
- Strong understanding of architectural fundamentals and design patterns for web applications, mobile apps and SaaS applications
- Strong Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to present and advocate technical business flow efficiency, reusable and modular designs
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 2-3 years of Development experience in Web Applications
- Understanding of Microservices, Google Cloud platform, Salesforce is a plus
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.