Sr Warehouse Material Handler – FS Depot
Mark Rite Lines Equipment Company, Inc.
University Park, IL
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our plant. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit : www.federalsignal.com.
Federal Signal in University Park is a leading manufacturer and supplier of comprehensive systems and products used to protect people and property. Our products and integrated solutions include systems for campus and community alerting, emergency vehicles, first responder interoperable communications, industrial communications, and command and municipal networked security. Specific products include: lightbars and sirens, public warning sirens and public safety software.
Summary of Position
The FS DEPOT Sr. Warehouse Material Handler performs warehouse operations which requires operators to operate a variety of different forklift trucks, along with other pickup trucks and lifts they must provide for the safe, timely, accurate, and cost effective receipt and delivery of parts from suppliers, customers, and intercompany transfers. 8 hour shift available: 10am - 6:30pm.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all warehouse receiving and shipping activities including, but not limited to:
- Rack picking, Stock and LTL packing, Bulk Receiving and put away supplier/ customer orders and intercompany transfers.
- Includes emptying crates of various sizes and weights and cutting hoses for orders ranging from 10 feet to 100 feet.
- Customer return receiving and putting away, inventory, unloading trucks, and safety/ operational inspection of power tool and mobile equipment.
- Perform kit component picking and assembly, including making custom pallets or crates.
- Load and unload trucks using variety of equipment.
- Operate a variety of lift trucks (order picker, reach truck, and stand up) and pickers up to 20 ft. in height to load and unload racks.
- Use judgment and knowledge acquired to perform basic troubleshooting of purchase orders receiving and part replacements.
- Resolve problems with pick orders and escalate unresolved problems to the Inventory Control Clerk or supervisor.
- Operate material control system devices including but not limited to computer programs and wireless scanners.
- Operate power tools (nail guns, staple guns, etc.) and machines (wrapping machine, portable and table banding machines, tape machines, etc) as required to make custom pallets or crates.
- Move material to appropriate area throughout the warehouse and document these movements in accordance with established procedures.
- Check the quality of each vendor-supplies or manufactured part and/or assembly used, inspecting for flaws in its manufacture and functionality and report any such flaws to supervision.
- Follow safety and department rules.
- Maintain basic housekeeping of the immediate work area.
- Using computer software (ADSI) to meter outbound parcel and LTL freight.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Experience driving a forklift, reach, RC, and picker truck a plus.
- Experience with computers and wireless handheld warehouse system experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years material handling, distribution and warehouse experience preferred.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted online.