Staff Accountant – BPES
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Prepare month-end financial statements and reports
- Oversees reports regarding cash flow; ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
- Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Verifies payments before controller’s signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records.
- Facilitates correct and timely preparation of budget reports and purchase journals.
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Post all journal entries to the General Ledger and reconcile accordingly
- Manage & record day-to-day transactions
- Reconcile and roll balance sheet accounts
- Collaborate with Staff Accountant on P&L and BS variance to budget
- Prepare profitability analysis with Staff Accountant by customer & product line
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of Sub-ledgers
- Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Accounts Payable
- Work with Operations to ensure monthly cycle counts
- Identify any areas of concern
- Oversee and record all fixed asset purchases and monthly depreciation expense according to company policy
- Maintain Company CPAR policy; manage CPAR numbers for each fixed asset request
- Act as an integral part of financial audits, bank audits, 401(k) audits and others as needed
Manage a team of 1. Prior experience preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact with staff members and workers in a professional and ethical manner
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Anticipate potential problems as they develop and communicate such to Staff Accountant and/or Controller
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance. At least two or more years accounting experience including month end close process, preparation of financial statements or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of accounting principles. Knowledge of state/federal tax issues. Superior computer skills to include Windows-based accounting software, strong Excel skills, Word, Outlook.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
Ability to analyze financial information, identify discrepancies, and provide solutions. Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions. Ability to develop and support conclusions.
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!