Ormat Technologies, Inc.
This position is responsible for accounting, financial reporting preparation, maintaining multiple general ledgers, and general review of the U.S. domestic entities.
- Responsible for the review and preparation of general ledgers for management review.
- Prepare, Review, and Post journal entries into the SAP accounting system.
- Identifies, analyzes, and communicates budgeted versus actual results.
- Responsible for preparation of flux analyses, lead, and roll-forward schedules for assigned entities as they pertain to the quarter-end reviews and year-end audits.
- Maintains general ledger in accordance with GAAP guidelines for all US entities and assist in the consolidation process.
- Assist in the review/preparation of financial statements for all necessary entities.
- Reconciles intercompany balances, where applicable, for all entities.
- Maintains contact and positive interaction with accountants/admin at the foreign and domestic locations.
- Maintains SOX controls as stated in internal procedures.
- Reconciles subsidiary ledgers in SAP (i.e. AP, AR, Cash modules).
- Reconciles payroll information for input into the ledger based on outside resource (ADP).
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience with revenue recognition standard ASC 606.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities so time is used efficiently and effectively.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality performance.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner to meet internal deadlines.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Candidate must possess capability to manage large volumes of data through general ledger and financial statement preparation in a multiple company environment.
- The ability to work at a computer, and computer monitor, and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time.