The Staff Accountant prepares, analyzes, and reviews financial statements and activities using accounting principles and assists with budget and close processes, conducts internal audits and ensures proper documentation to track accounts payable.
- Manages records of account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting activities.
- Maintains and prepares financial statements and other documents regarding the divisions financial position in order to provide reports and audits when needed.
- Reviews financial statements for completeness, accuracy and compliance with all accounting standards.
- Completes the entry of payroll change requests to keep up with staffing changes throughout the division.
- Contributes to the development and review of annual budgets and performance projections to help increase company growth.
- Monitors policies and procedures per assigned market area and suggests improvements for reporting and recording to meet business needs.
- Supports the Division Controller, Assistant Division Controller and Operations Management to successfully and efficiently complete financial projects.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Career Path Definitions & Distinctions:
Level 1: Demonstrates a general understanding of the division’s operational and financial functions. Demonstrates the ability to participate in month end close processes such as post accruals pertaining to transactions that missed both month end deadlines, prepare balance reconciliations, prepare inventory adjustments, and prepare revenue and tonnage entries. Demonstrates a general knowledge of programs such as NetSuite, ADP, LotusNotes, and SoftPak. Has the ability to locate and navigate through key statements on NetSuite. Is trained in the Operation of SoftPak billing processes and has knowledge of key reports and how to run them.
Level 2: Demonstrates the ability and confidence to actively use purchase orders in NetSuite. Demonstrates the ability to use master spreadsheets in Longview for Excel and is willing to learn to create ad hoc reports using analysis and reporting. Has the ability to complete invoice preparation. Can explain what makes up net revenue for hauling division operations and understands SOX controls related to hauling operations.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, 1-2 years previous accounting or related experience, and be legally eligible to work in the US. A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment is needed.
Outstanding relationship management skills and excellent listening, communication and problem solving skills are expected. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and a strong background with Excel is required.
Positive team-oriented individual who is resourceful, self-motivated, a hard worker, adaptable and results oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information