Staff PIC Test Development Engineer
Infinera is the global supplier of innovative networking solutions. Our customers include the leading service providers, data center operators, internet content providers (ICPs), cable operators, enterprises, and government agencies worldwide, including 9 of the top 10 Tier 1 service providers and 6 of the top 7 ICPs. We design, develop and deliver hardware and software for fiber-based connectivity solutions that span access, aggregation, metro, long haul, and submarine network. Our industry-leading, trendsetting edge-to-core solutions provide the foundation for many of the world’s largest and most demanding networks that generate billions in service revenue for our customers.
Imagine being part of a team that is fundamentally changing the way people communicate, the way they collaborate, the way they watch TV and explore the universe through the internet. Utilizing Infinera’s uniquely differentiated technology, we have created a Digital Optical Networking system with higher speed, more capacity and scalability than ever before. Imagine a world with unlimited bandwidth. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
If this is something that interests you, that excites you, come take a look at a team that is achieving that, where an idea today can be set in motion tomorrow. Infinera Optical Module Group (OMG) is looking for an individual to engage in product test development. The individual is responsible for PIC (Photonic Integrated Circuits) devices characterization in the production phase or during the development phase. Come take a look at Infinera!!
Your Key Responsibilities Would Include:
- Work cross-functionally with Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) design and fab process teams qualifying state of art optoelectronic devices
- Develop, implement and document SW and HW test tools supporting new device characterization
- Execute test plan, analyze and present test data to cross-function teams
Education / Experience necessary for success
MS required and MS with 3+ year work experiences (preferred); Major in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or Applied Physics
Knowledge / Skills /Abilities
- Hands-on experience with remote controlled source-measure and motion-controlled equipment is essential
- Background of software development for electronic/mechanic/optical test automation is essential
- Strong drive to automate recurring/time-consuming/error-prone manual tasks is essential
- Experience with table top optoelectronic test equipment including tunable lasers, wavemeters, tunable filters, photo detectors is desirable
- Experience with active and passive photonic semiconductor devices like lasers, amplifiers, photo detectors, attenuators, waveguides, combiner/splitters is a plus
- Ability to work with other teams and groups and drive to completion are essential
- Ability of developing leadership in manufacturing test sustaining is desirable
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Infinera complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.