Staff Software Engineer
Bellevue Bellevue Walmart Global Tech, WA
What you'll do...
Title: Staff Software Engineer - Backend Engineer
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.
What You’ll Do:
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with our Product Management and business teams to lead technical discovery, design, and implementation of large-scale platforms and products. You'll work to identify short-term and long-term solutions and timelines, review and approve proposed solutions, and provide pertinent documentation, direction, and examples to your team.
- Lead the discovery phase of large software engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine technical strategy; interpreting strategy into sustainable architecture and solutions; driving prototype development to ensure concept is feasible; and implementing prototypes to validate projects.
- Design complex systems which are scalable and fault tolerant. You will reason about trade-offs (timeliness/accuracy/resource usage) of multiple algorithmic solutions and to highlight the difference in product outcomes.
- Make recommendations to influence the roadmap. This role is important to creating ideas and share what is possible with streaming algorithms.
- Implement application which meet throughput and SLAs requirements.
- Implement unit test cases, perform code reviews, and write feature documentation. Perform build, deployment, and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
- Drive production deployments using platform's automated CI and deployment tools. Provide support as SME for the functional domain.
- Partner with your senior and junior teammates throughout the software development lifecycle to cultivate a reciprocal learning environment from development to debugging and operational excellence.
What You’ll Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of industrial experience in software engineering using at least one modern languages, with 3+ years in leading design, development, and deployment of high-availability platforms and services.
- Experience in RESTful Microservices and container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes.
- API design, development, and management experience.
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts. Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Have work experience in game technology or services.
Perks and Benefits:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $144,000.00-$216,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area