Staff Software Engineer (Full Stack, Front End) – AdTech
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs.
Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. We're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience.
As a Full Stack Engineer within the Member Access Platform organization (Sams AdTech) you will be responsible to build highly performant AdTech platforms that will support our future growth in the Ads Space. MAP business is growing rapidly, and you will get to be part of the journey that supports omni-channel Ad tactics for millions of Sam's Club members as well contribute to operational efficiencies for our business team members.
What you'll do:
- Lead the development and implementation of software solutions that meet our business needs
- Build production scale systems that serve ads to millions of customers
- Build operational systems that enhances the productivity of our Ad Operations team
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to identify and solve complex problems
- Continuously testing and improving software solutions to ensure optimal performance and user experience
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of software development experience building distributed systems
- 5+ years of experience of building accessible web applications using React/Redux
- 3+ years experience in developing micro-services using Java and Python
- Experience in Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership.
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps, GCP technologies
- Experience with Relational, Document, and Distributed Databases (Cassandra, MySQL, CosmosDB, Spanner, or Dynamo)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks effectively
Nice to have:
- Experience in AdTech
About Walmart General/Not Function Specific
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners. Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Future Ways of Working:
Our company's success can be attributed to our employees. While technology has allowed us to be effective while working remotely, there is no substitute for being in the office together; it helps to shape our culture, collaborate, innovate, build relationships, and move more quickly. We strive to provide flexibility in order to promote a healthy work-life balance but recognize that in-person interactions are important to our culture and shared success. We'll meet in person on a regular and purposeful basis.
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area