Staff Systems Engineer (TS/SCI)
Maxar Technologies Holdings, Inc.
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking Systems Engineer to work in an agile and fast paced customer environment supporting a user base with a mission to solve unique and challenging problems in support of national security. We are seeking an engineer who embraces technology and thrives on the art of the possible. The ideal candidate will be part of a small multi-disciplinary software and analytics team with the unique opportunity to interact directly with users and other technologists to ensure solutions, development and tools meet the needs of the customer.
Note: US citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance is mandatory for this position and required for consideration. Consideration to acquire CI Poly possible.
Location: Northern Virginia, Maryland
- Monitor and understand high level operational geospatial processes.
- Test and evaluate new system capabilities
- Adapt the SAFe Agile processes to our project requirements and collaboratively plan and execute our Sprint and Program Increments as Release Train Engineer.
- Support the process of building or documenting discovery and automation tools to enable geospatial and intelligence analysis of complex problems utilizing an array of data types and sources.
- Create enablers and communicate with multidisciplinary teams and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively.
- 4+ years of technical experience in developing custom software solutions for the intelligence community, geospatial context, and/or big data analytics
- Capable of working effectively with a geographically distributed ops & development team
- Communicates effectively with customers and team in written and oral forums
- Critical thinker with proven problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible, organized, and understand the big picture but can focus on the mission-critical details
- Willingness to work onsite 75% or as needs dictate
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a field such as Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or GIS
- Active TS/SCI clearance and US citizenship
Additional Skills Desired
- An adaptable and solution centric mindset that embraces technology enablers.
- Familiarity with common industry configuration management, software tools, concepts, and DevSecOps.
- Experience working with open-source resources in a government computing environment
- Familiarity with concepts such as data visualization; data management, data integration, user interface, databases
- Familiarity with LINUX, GIS, hybrid cloud/on-prem architecture, AWS, C2S, etc.
- Can work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with factory reach-back support.
- Experience as a military/intelligence analyst, supporting the military/IC, or knowledge of some IC PED systems is a plus!
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$127,000.00 - $213,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.ID:uDnQdo