High Concrete Group, LLC
Are you a structural engineer with expertise in forensic investigation, concrete construction, or structural restoration who would like the opportunity to have a mix of office and field engagement that leads to direct involvement with construction and repairs in your next role?
Does working within a collaborative team of a rapidly scaling division of a well-respected company sound like the type of environment you would enjoy working within?
As an essential business providing critical engineering and repair services to the parking garage industry StructureCare is growing and we would love to talk to you about the opportunities within our company.
We are hiring for a Structural Engineer to join the StructureCare team! The Structural Engineer will survey and evaluate existing structures and prepare the associated inspection reports. They will communicate the assessment results and follow up plans with the Territory Manager. The Structural Engineer will confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and ensure issues are effectively brought to resolution. Additionally, this role is responsible for providing technical sales support to enhance existing customer relationships and to assist with securing new ones.
- Surveys and evaluates existing structures for maintenance and repair needs. Prepares and issues associated inspection reports for use by the customer and Territory Manager.
- Communicates assessments and follow up plans with Territory Manager.
- Engineers all structural repairs within assigned territory.
- Reviews calculations, structural drawings, and construction documents and related questions as required. Refers questions or seeks technical advice from Senior Director, StructureCare as needed.
- Researches building codes and specifications as required.
- Provides technical sales support to Business Development Representative's for prospective customers and existing clients.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to project personnel and subcontractors as needed.
- Consistently attends technical seminars and training programs to ensure subject matter expertise is up to date and honed.
- Assists with training new Structural Engineers as needed.
Important Areas of Expertise:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, P.E. preferred
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in concrete construction / concrete repair / concrete restoration / forensic investigation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Google applications, MS Office products
- Strategic problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in a fast paced, evolving work environment
Working for StructureCare:
StructureCare is a unique single source for the engineering, repair, restoration, and maintenance of parking structures of all construction types. Backed by design, construction, and repair experience on over 600 structures, StructureCare helps owners and facility managers make appropriate, cost-effective decisions that promote the long-term durability of their parking garages with an ultimate focus on prevention.
- Tuition Assistance with 100 percent reimbursement for approved courses and degree programs which are job related and approved in advance by your supervisor.
- Employee Assistance Program provides professional, confidential assistance for any type of personal issue you or your eligible dependents are experiencing.
- High Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded annually to the children of High co-workers working at least 1,000 hours per year and employed for at least two years. Recipients are awarded $4,000 for each year they are enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited degree program.
- Good Measure Award is presented periodically to an individual or team from each of the High companies who exemplifies The High Philosophy and who has gone above and beyond normal job responsibilities to provide "Good Measure."
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next anniversary year.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match.
- This opportunity will serve primarily our Midwest territory.
- This position reports to the Territory Manager.
- Independent schedule management with weekly travel usually including 3 days a week in the field to job sites and 1 or 2 days per week in the office.
- Limited overnight travel to trade shows, conferences and in the field (customer, job site and plant visits).
- When visiting the plant or construction sites, you may need to wear PPE's or dress appropriately to protect you from exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, and temperature changes.