Structures Engineer II (P2) – Onsite
North Berwick, ME
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The Hot Section Structures engineering team is looking for an experienced Structures Engineer II to perform analyses on turbine hardware for commercial and military engines.
- Develop structurally-sound designs for new and existing engine programs, review repaired and manufactured hardware for structural capability, and present results to customers.
- Perform structural analysis on turbine hardware using a combination of classical engineering calculations, PW tools, and finite element analysis.
- Evaluate turbine hardware for strength, deflection, vibration, fatigue life, and damage tolerance.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to develop component designs for current and next generation engines.
- Support field investigations.
- Document analysis results and present to management and customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering or in a related field and 2+ years prior relevant engineering experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government programs.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Active US Government Security Clearance and/or ability to obtain/maintain a US Government Security Clearance.
- Experience using ANSYS mechanical APDL and/or Workbench.
- Experience in Siemens NX Advanced Simulation.
- Experience performing structural analysis on turbine or similar hardware using a combination of hand calculations, Pratt & Whitney tools, and finite element analysis.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as VBA and Python.
- Experience leading engineering or multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong communication and task coordination skills.
- Ability to write clear substantiation documentation, as well as to create and provide impactful, persuasive technical presentations to internal and external customers.
Role Type: What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo