Subject Matter Expert
SUMMARY: Energetics is seeking a part time, hourly Industrial Advanced Energy Research Subject Matter Expert for immediate employment to work on a variety of support activities. Successful candidates will be willing to take on a range of assignments in a diversity of areas including clean energy, energy efficiency, industrial decarbonization, advanced manufacturing, and energy justice. This is a remote position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and evaluation of industrial energy and emissions trends
- Quantitative benchmarking and opportunity analysis
- Expert industry insights on technology developments
- Contribution to and review of technical reports and briefings
- Supporting stakeholder engagement activities, including outreach and virtual meeting planning, facilitation, and coordination
- 10+ years of experience working in industry and energy
- Bachelors' degree in science or engineering
- Creative and innovative critical thinker with keen attention to detail, comfortable working in dynamic team environment
- Ability to contribute to high-quality deliverables with minimal direction
- Authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions, U.S. Citizen or Permanent US Resident.
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Hands on manufacturing experience
- Prior experience in government consulting
- Strong interest in energy, climate, or sustainability
- Experience with energy and emissions data access, research, and reporting
- Advanced degree and/or leadership experience
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.