Assist in the design, development, validation and release of new products, current products, models, or mechanisms. The Engineering Co-op, with the guidance of the Project Engineering lead will address product development and design issues as required in a timely manner and with a quality focus.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries and markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged employees.
· With Product Engineer guidance, perform standard engineering analysis (stacks, calculations, interfacing with Core Eng. Groups).
· Support design, development and validation of products.
· Perform design release activity such as Bill of Material management, drawing review and approval.
· Perform change management activity such as creating and tracking engineering change requests.
· Develop and manage DVP&R based on technical specifications and product requirement.
· Support DFMEA activity for the responsible products.
· Support DFM and DFA activities with Linamar manufacturing plants and suppliers to assure manufacturing feasibility of designs.
· Support quote process for design changes.
· Support Linamar launch process (CFLP) for program execution.
· Participate in value analysis and value engineering activities.
· Participate in prototype builds, benchmarking and validation testing.
· Utilize problem solving techniques such as 8-D, IS/IS-NOT, fishbone, Red X and 6-Panels as part of failure analysis.
· Gain knowledge of Linamar’s Driveline Engineering department and its interaction with area of the company.
· This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
· Enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university in an engineering major program.
· Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher preferred.
· MS Office proficient.
· Fluent in English (Proficiency in a foreign language a plus).
· Experience with CAD/CAE is desirable.
· Strong decision making skills, with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
· High attention to detail and accuracy of information.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent organization skills.
Why Linamar/McLaren Engineering:
· Opportunities for career advancement
· Tuition Assistance
· Great benefits and competitive pay
· Time off
Linamar Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.