Summer Help – Assembly
Iowa Mold Tooling Co., Inc.
About McNeilus, an Oshkosh company
McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing Inc. is an industry leading manufacturer of concrete mixers and refuse truck bodies. McNeilus has long been the industry standard when it comes to transporting concrete to the job site with our rear discharge mixers, as well as the Oshkosh S-Series front discharge mixer. McNeilus also produces a complete line of high-performance rear load, front load, and automated side load refuse bodies to augment any refuse collection fleet.
Have you ever wondered what a career in manufacturing is like? Then this role is right for you. Come join us for the summer!
Job Title: Summer Worker Assembler
Market Title: Assembler
Location: Dodge Center, MN & Riceville, IA
Status: Seasonal Full-Time
Shift: 1st Shift 5:30am – 4pm
Hourly Wage: $18.00
Our Summer Worker Program focuses on engaging with High School and College students and giving them opportunity to learn and grow within our company. Students will work collaboratively with manufacturing leaders and explore various aspect of manufacturing. McNeilus could be that next steppingstone to different career paths and options available throughout our company.
The Assembler will be responsible for assembling various components in the manufacture of assemblies/sub-assemblies of various heavy-duty vehicles. This role has the job knowledge and skills to work in every station proficiently on an assembly line with the ability to troubleshoot various components of a machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble parts, wires, hoses, and hydraulics onto products utilizing safe and proper tools and techniques: install various accessories (decals, mud flaps, cameras, lights) including sales changes.
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components; review and utilize all electrical and hydraulic diagrams to preform repairs identified during the troubleshooting process.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in compliance with safety procedures, rules, and proper 6S standards; use best practices to follow all safe procedures in assembling and testing of all models/products in assigned job function.
- Assist in driving back defects to the point of origin along with identifying and assisting in implementation of corrective action(s); validate machine(s) configuration is aligned to sales order and properly complete EQC process.
- Operate all units produced in assigned job function.
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge and special equipment required to complete models produced in assigned job function, including but not limited to all torque tools, DC tools, brake bleeders, AC chargers, and cab testers.
- Team members must have the willingness and ability, upon training, to operate and function trucks on the McNeilus property. Proper training for operations on the McNeilus property will be trained onsite.
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Ability to interpret and understand work instructions to effectively perform job tasks
- Willingness to learn
- Able to/willing to learn how to operate a truck and transport from one area of the property to another
- Targeting Juniors and Senior High School Students, Students in college technical trade programs
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- General knowledge and understanding of hand tools (hammer, grinder, torque, wrench, etc.)
OSHKOSH CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Inspires and Motivates Others
- Genuine leader that engages, motivates and inspires others through trust, credibility, and collaboration. Understands how their leadership style impacts others.
- Makes decisions and bold moves in the face of adversity/uncertainty and accepts responsibility for those decisions.
- Helps others discover themselves and has a strong belief in themselves.
- Openly shares their knowledge and experience with others; encourages healthy debate.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Understands the products and services of all parts of the business and facilitates the flow of information between them to maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationship by ensuring that people are valued, appreciated and included. Actively listens to and fully involves others.
- Gets to know people at all levels and adapts their leadership style to engage all team members
- Coaches & Develops
- Makes their own and their team members’ development a priority. Gives others a sense of ownership and personal commitment to their work.
- Encourages team members to excel; delegates with development in mind.
- Provides timely and candid feedback in a way that encourages growth.
- Encourages Innovation & Inclusion
- Champions and generates creative ideas to improve current thinking, processes and systems.
- Possesses an awareness of current trends and shares this knowledge to improve the business.
- Treats people the way they want to be treated rather than the way you wish to be treated.
- Comfortable working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions as well as working effectively with all members in the organization
- Aligns Organization
- Brings meaningful purpose, practical strategies and goals together to align achievable results.
- Sets challenging and impactful business objectives, aligns resources, and takes responsibility to achieve results.
- Ensures when decisions are made that all aspects of the business are considered and those impacted understand why.
- Drives Strategic Thinking
- Understands the organization functions within a global environment. Spends time and effort on the implications of global business and its competitive elements.
- Builds and communicates a shared purpose, explains “the why” and generates enthusiasm around it to achieve positive results.
- Internal Contacts: Contact with peers and others involving explanation of information (these contacts may be within or outside department or division), and the gathering of factual information; may include the communication of sensitive or confidential information.
- External Contacts: Limited external contact to: gather information, answer queries, or ask assistance.
- Communication Skills: Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Read and interpret safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Read, analyze and interpret business manuals, technical procedures and/or government regulations.
- Decision-Making: Requires minimal decision-making responsibility.
- Complexity, Judgment and Problem Solving: Work of a relatively routine nature. Requires the ability to understand the follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: Frequent: Standing, Walking/Running, Sitting, Reaching, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing; Occasional: Climbing, Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity; Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion, Lifting/Carrying 25lbs., Pushing/Pulling 25llbs.
- Non-Physical Demands: Occasional: Analysis/Reasoning, Communication/Interpretation, Math/Mental Computation, Reading, Sustained Mental Activity (i.e. auditing, problem solving, grant writing, composing reports), Writing.
- Environmental Demands: Occasional: Work Alone, Frequent Task Changes, Tedious/Exacting Work, Dust, Temperature Extremes, Loud Noises.
- Work Schedule: Routine shift hours. Infrequent overtime, weekend, or shift rotation.
- Demands/Deadlines: Occasional stress due to deadlines or workload because of intermittent or cyclical work pressures, or occasional exposure to distressed individuals within the immediate work environment.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.ID:uDnQdo