Telling Industries, LLC
Cleveland Construction is seeking an experienced Project Superintendent to join our team to assist in planning, scheduling, and directing activities of subcontractors and workers. Primary goal is to ensure work conforms to specifications, adheres to schedules and coordinates site safety program following company safety manual. Project list should include hotel/hospitality.
- Have a good working knowledge of all project documents, including specifications, plans, submittals, subcontracts, shop drawings, and any other project specific documents
- Implement and enforce the company's safety policies, site specific safety programs, and promote a safety culture on the jobsite at all times
- Must be able to clearly communicate by verbal, written, or electronic means to all members of the project team
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategies for organizing all scopes, people, material, tools and equipment to manage the project successfully
- Plan, direct, manage, oversee, and document all daily activities on the project site
- Proficiency in electrical, mechanical, and structural systems
- Implement, manage, and maintain a worker orientation program for all new workers on the project
- Enforce the company's public safety program ensuring the safety of all non-construction related people
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA requirements and how to successfully execute an OSHA site visit
- Implement, maintain, update, and communicate the project schedule
- Implement, maintain, and enforce the company's quality control plan
- Coordinate all required field inspections and maintain the inspection log
- Perform, upload, and maintain all company documentation requirements including, but not limited to, daily job reports, daily photographs, daily manpower reports, JHA's, tool box talks, progress plans, labor reports, etc.
- Assist in weekly coordination meetings, generate minutes, and distribute the minutes
- Review monthly pay applications for work in place in conjunction with the project manager
- Ensure that all required insurances, workers compensation, and certificates are met before work commences
Personal / Professional Relationships:
- Represent the company and yourself with a positive professional attitude at all times
- Must be able to work in harmony with all parties involved in the project
- Actively promote the company's growth and develop program to aide in the mutual benefit of the company's success and the employee's long term career with the company
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate with the project team, project owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to achieve positive results
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
- Reliable transportation to and from the project
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate based on project location
- Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which include the heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Able to access all areas of the jobsite including stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
- Capable of working in physical positions that may include kneeling, sitting, standing, squatting, bending over, etc.
- Must be able to move, carry, or position items weighing up to 75 pounds.
Computer / Technology:
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including iPad/tablet device
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related construction software
- Basic knowledge of uploading and managing web based document storage
Education / Experience:
- Preferred four (4) year degree in a construction-related curriculum or equivalent field experience
- Minimum of 10 years of field experience in the commercial construction industry
- OSHA 30 preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage and direct on-site project teams to successful completions
Military Friendly Employer
We value the knowledge, skills and abilities you acquired in the military. Whether you are an active serve member transitioning or a military spouse, we want you to consider a rewarding career with Cleveland Construction, Inc. View the current of employment opportunities at Cleveland Construction
Cleveland Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of Cleveland Construction, Inc. that we will recruit, hire, transfer, train, compensate, layoff, terminate and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
Cleveland Construction, Inc. offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, training and development, opportunity for advancement and corporate support for field operations. See link for further details.
(We are not accepting solicitations from 3rd party sources at this time, but we thank you for your consideration.)