Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
San Diego, CA
ROLE: Daily production of a quality news product as defined by the FOX 5 brand. Guiding and mentoring group of producers in accuracy, excellence in production techniques, writing, teasing, story treatment, relevance to the viewing audience.
- Produce and booth assigned newscast and shape overall coverage
- Lead the producing team by being a point person for editorial and technical questions
- Manage team of anchors, reporters, writers and editors to ensure production of accurate, updated and engaging news content
- Helps implement strategies developed by upper news management team
- Assist reporters to determine story direction, expectations, script accuracy, logistics
- Plan future segments and book day turn newsmakers and content dictates
- Assist Executive Producer and Assistant News Director with special projects
- Train new writers and producers and provide positive feedback
- Maintain strong social media presence and use it to produce and promote content
- May fill in as Executive Producer
- Other duties as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
- Minimum 5 years experience as line producer in working newsroom.
- Must be able to work well under extreme pressure and deadlines
- Must have solid news judgment
- Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
- Must interact positively and productively with others and take feedback
- Must be a leader in a strong team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail orientated
- Must be flexible with schedule, willing to work weekends, holidays and fill-in different shifts as needed
- May produce additional cut-ins, special reports or breaking news as needed
- Starting $31/hr commensurate with experience