Supervisor Production III
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Come find your “more” with Mohawk!
What we need:
Coordinates resources across one or more shifts to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment and continuously improving all production methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a group of employees. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices. This third level of Supervisor is in the most complex functional areas or a Supervisor in a lower level with more than 8 years of specific job experience in the Supervisor II role at Mohawk.
What you’ll do:
- Supervises the manufacturing functions across one or more shifts, which includes reviewing production orders or schedules to ensure the manufacturing of product(s) is completed and scheduled delivery dates are met.
- Plans and reviews production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
- Schedules and assigns work to meet production requirements. Utilizes the appropriate personnel based on skill sets.
- Evaluates, develops and ensures appropriate training processes are completed when employees move to different jobs.
- Coaches and develops employees in, problem solving, scheduling, equipment problems, training, etc.
- Works with safety committee by attending safety meetings, working on safety projects, supporting safety within their department(s), completing safety surveys, and performing safety training.
- Supports employees in the area of quality assurance. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are understood and met within all departments this position supervises.
- Resolves employee relation issues through effective remediation techniques. Utilizes human resources and/or manager to assist in solving unresolved work-related problems.
- Involved in the hiring process for hourly employees. Responsible for employee counseling and disciplinary actions, including recommendations for termination.
- Maintains and adheres to the operational budget for departments supervised.
- Maintain shift reports and records. Verify employee’s time in KRONOS.
- Work with Supervisors in other departments to coordinate activities.
What you have:
- High School Diploma or GED required (college degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job.
- Typically 5+ years of manufacturing job specific experience within the functional area. Experience must include a minimum of 3 years in a lead or senior capacity.
What you’re good at:
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases, systems, and other hardware and software.
- Proficient using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment and the knowledge and skills required to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and resolve other basic operating problems. Proven mechanical ability.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures, and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefits and compensations plans and administration guidelines.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.ID:uDnQdo