Diamond Racing Products, Inc.
Race Winning Brands (RWB) is the leading manufacturer of racing and high-performance parts sold to automotive and powersports markets. RWB is the preferred source for high-end pistons, engine blocks, cylinder heads, intake manifolds, connecting rods, crankshafts, clutches, transmissions, springs and other engine and driveline- related performance components. RWB markets its products through multiple prominent brands including JE Pistons, Wiseco Performance Products, K1 Technologies, Diamond Pistons, Trend Performance, Rekluse Motor Sports, MGP Connecting Rods, ProX Racing Parts, Dart Machinery, PAC Racing, Revmax, Haltech, TSI, TransGo, and TMG performance. RWB sells to a diverse and unmatched customer base of professional and sportsman racers, engine builders, enthusiasts, OEMs, automotive and powersports dealers and wholesale distributors. RWB is headquartered in Mentor, Ohio with sales offices and manufacturing operations in strategic locations throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising all machine shop employees (Machine Operatives and Deburr) in the manufacturing department. Key essentials of this position include maintaining a safe, hazard-free work environment, planning and assigning work, enforcing policies and procedures, maintaining product quality standards, and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and works directly with the Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a positive, team environment relationship with employees by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Completes production plan by working with Supply Chain planner; scheduling and assigning personnel; establishes priorities and monitors progress; revises schedules and priorities as needed; resolves production, staffing, and resource problems
- Maintains quality service by enforcing established organization standards
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluates new equipment and techniques
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, and reports results to management
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implements change when necessary
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; enforces compliance with established safety policies, procedures, and standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; benchmarks state-of-the-art practices
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 Experience in CNC machining and setup preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a CNC machining production environment- a plus
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and MAS 500 (or other MRP/ERP system)
- Above-average aptitude and ability to interpret spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Must be able to communicate with both management and non-management associates.
Other Skills (Technical, or Other special knowledge and abilities)
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems and concepts and make decisions that are sensible and based on available information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Personal protective equipment is required including but not limited to gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection.