Supervisor, Scheduling & Inventory Control
Samuel Roll Form Group
- Develop production plans and schedules for assigned manufacturing lines and locations to achieve on-time delivery, production efficiency and cost, and inventory days on hand objectives.
- Partner with Plant Manager and Production Department to build production capacity and product sequencing rules into production schedules.
- Report metrics to track production plan attainment and collaborate with Production Department to develop corrective actions.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to resolve demand and supply imbalance issues.
- Review and revise inventory plant targets and report performance versus inventory targets.
- Manage inventory control process to validate accurate finished good inventory quantities moving from Production to Warehouse, both physically and in ERP system.
- Place transfer orders for assigned stocking locations to meet inventory stocking service level targets.
- Maintain planning data in production planning and scheduling system.
- Support production and performance data and metrics reporting for assigned locations.
- Lead cost savings, lean, and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Document work instructions, policies, procedures, or other directional material.
- Understand all plant functions and operational goals.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associates Degree in production scheduling, inventory control, supply chain management, or engineering.
- 2-3 years’ experience in production scheduling, inventory control, or supply chain management.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel for data manipulation and analysis (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas.
- Experience with Power BI preferred.
- Basic statistics knowledge and/or Lean Six Sigma or APICS certification.
- Strong communication ability, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact efficiently with and professionally lead members in high level teams, as well as function as a team member.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Primary office setting but could be exposed to light manufacturing conditions.
- Steel toed boots, safety eyewear, hard hat, and earplugs while on production floor.
- Ability to travel for business purposes. Up to 10%.
- Potential to visit with customers and suppliers as needed.