Supplier Quality Engineer
On-site work is performed at our Evans, Georgia Assembly Plant
Work Address: 4125 Washington Rd. Evans, GA 30809
Club Car boasts a 60+ year history of industry-leading innovation and design, initially focused on golf cars and then expanding to commercial utility vehicles and personal-use transportation.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Supplier Quality Engineer will have ownership of Supplier Performance through the entire process; from Receiving Inspection to warranty performance at the Customer. Drive the Corrective and Preventative Action process to ensure proper closure of issues. Gather and analyze failure data to drive continuous improvement activities with Club Car engineering, manufacturing, and support teams. Work directly with Suppliers to develop process capabilities and quality systems. Conduct on site reviews, process audits, and PPAP support at the supplier locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support supplier to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any reported quality/performance problems due to purchased parts.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and coach on the use of structured problem-solving tools: 5 Why, 9-Step, A3, etc.
- Facilitate any needed corrective actions with the Suppliers to solve and prevent future failures. Verify effectiveness.
- Travel to Supplier locations for on-site reviews, process audits, PPAP support, and Specific Supplier Development activities as needed.
- Ownership of Supplier PPAP on time completion.
- Actively participate in the development, review, and updating of supplier APQP documentation.
- Work in cross functional Commodity Teams with local Sourcing, Planning, Engineering personnel.
- Work closely with plant quality teams to ensure successful launch of new products and assist in resolving problems associated with new products.
- < 50% travel
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in technical engineering or equivalent.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Preferred
- Six Sigma certification (Any Level) Preferred
- The individual should have basic metallurgical knowledge.
- >5 years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project Management experience
- Familiarity with AIAG APQP processes
- Familiarity and understanding of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems.
- An understanding of General Manufacturing best practices, Fabrication operations and equipment are required.
- Ability to use basic Metrology equipment and hand tools.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft software programs, database programs, etc.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- The individual should understand tolerance stack up analysis and layout.
- The individual should be able to read & interpret GD&T drawings.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to make timely decisions in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Exceptional leadership, motivational, and project management skills with the ability to drive project-specific issues and goals to closure.
- Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout the day.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds and of objects 25 to 50 pounds.
- Work involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, or vehicles.
- Requires use of personal protective equipment.
Club Car is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated at Club Car.