Supplier Quality Engineer
Wurth Industry Of North America
Perform supplier audits in an effort to ensure quality processes are in place and being followed to ensure good, quality products are being supplied to the WINA operating companies. In addition, investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting Quality Talks, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects with our suppliers.
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits for Full-time Employees & their Families!
- Paid Time Off – start accruing on day one!
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Free Life Insurance
- Partner Discounts (Ford, Verizon, Harley Davidson and more!)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLIES include the following and all other duties assigned:
To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform the essential duties proficiently.
- Conduct supplier assessments throughout North America at the supplier’s facility documenting all findings and managing all open corrective actions to closure with the supplier.
- Establish action plans with suppliers when necessary to mitigate risk.
- Establish a positive working relationship with suppliers and ensure they understand the Wurth quality requirements responding to queries regarding those requirements.
- Function as a customer representative to external suppliers, providing technical assistance, as needed.
- Assemble and analyze data to determine which suppliers should be audited in conjunction with the WINA, Director of Strategic Sourcing.
- Schedule and participate in Q-Talks with suppliers in an effort to resolve quality issues on behalf of all WINA operating companies.
- Work with the WINA Director of Strategic Sourcing and WINA operating companies to compile, analyze, report, and react to supplier performance indicators via the supplier scorecard process.
- Conduct quality based training at and with external suppliers;
- Provide a monthly summary report of activities and supplier progress.
- Ensure that supplier selection and monitoring processes are effective.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and procedures, and implement changes as driven by internal and external factors.
- Participate in Supplier Quality harmonization activities as new sites/businesses are acquired.
- Maintain and update supplier quality KPI’s and audit schedule with the Wurth SharePoint site.
- Support the WINA operating companies with their supplier quality goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field; or 5 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
Würth Industry North America Key facts:
- 110+ locations across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
- More than 2,600 employees
- More than 420,000 standard parts
- Part of the Würth Group, $15B+, which operates over 400 companies in more than 80 countries and has more than 79,000 employees
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/wurth-industry-north-america
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WurthIndustry
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/WurthIndustryNorthAmerica
The Wurth Industry North America group of companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Wurth will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.