Supplier Value Quality Engineer
PPG Aerospace is seeking a Supplier Value Engineer! As the Supplier Value Engineer, you will identify, plan, and manage the high-impact, projects that enable PPG to reduce risk, improve profitability and optimize its supplier base. The primary function of this role is to plan and execute fast-paced competitive projects. This position is located onsite in our Sylmar, CA Facility.
- Performing detailed cost analysis of material and manufacturing processes to ensure that high-quality products are delivered at the lowest cost from targeted suppliers.
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure that all business needs are met and improved through sourcing projects.
- Conducts market & industrial research to understand trends.
- Identify new suppliers and technologies, analyzes the market, and maintain a strategic supplier and technology portfolio.
- Achieve the agreed procurement product target cost and realization timeline, translate product target into purchasing component targets, and set up and lead the action plan.
- Perform as technical liaison between R&D or cross-functional team and suppliers in the new product introduction process to ensure the achievement of gate targets through supplier selection.
- Drive strategic supplier collaboration by involving suppliers in the concept phase of the new product introduction process NPI.
- Facilitate or conduct Kaizen supplier workshops by defining cost reduction targets and establishing cost-sharing rules with suppliers.
- Engage process owners in a review of active projects and capture new project ideas.
- Drive and track cost savings and margin/throughput projects for the site and capture them in a common database.
- Salary Range $80,500-$115,000
- B.S. degree in Engineering or another technical field is preferred. 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- Trained or pursuing certification of 6 Sigma LEAN yellow, green, or black belt.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and associated equipment (i.e., CNC machines, vacuum chambers, ovens, autoclaves, etc.)
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.