Surgical Sales Consultant – Detroit
New World Medical, Inc.
The Surgical Sales Consultant will represent our industry leading surgical glaucoma product line to eye care professionals (ECPs) to address the needs of their patients, within the assigned territory, and will report directly to the U.S. Regional Sales Manager. New World Medical’s mission is to preserve and enhance vision by delivering innovations to Benefit Humanity.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Surgical Sales Consultant (SSC) will be responsible for the sales and promotion of New World Medical’s portfolio of surgical glaucoma products to hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers. The SSC will be responsible for maintaining and growing annual sales volume in the region.?
- Achieve territory level and corporate business objectives by selling and promoting New World Medical glaucoma products to ECPs.
- Provide product and technical consultation to ECPs on the appropriate use of New World Medical surgical glaucoma products.?
- Create and execute a strategic plan and routing schedule for the territory to capitalize on revenue from the highest potential customers.?
- Plan and execute pre-booked calls daily.?
- Grow sales by introducing physicians to New World Medical surgical glaucoma products.?
- Facilitate wet labs with targeted teaching institutions to train ophthalmic residents and physicians.?
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by responding to all customer requests within twelve (12) hours, performing customer call follow-up activities and resolving customer issues in a timely manner.?
- Participate in and network with customers at conventions, educational events, etc.
- Participate in Area/Regional meetings.?
- Manage and prioritize time to achieve territory goals most effectively.?
- Perform all administrative responsibilities, including completion of expense reports, email/voicemail communications, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Follow through to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Follow up to consistently message necessary contacts and maintain relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to individuals with different backgrounds/areas of focus.
- Organizational skills and ability to keep accurate records/receipts.
- Creative self-starter with the ability to complete tasks.
- Mechanically inclined and ability to demonstrate products in real time scenarios.
- Presentation skills and ability to present to rooms of up to 30 people.
- Creative thinking and ability to design immediate solutions.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree strongly preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, 5 or more years of Ophthalmic/Ophthalmic surgical/medical device experience with existing strong customer relationships and a demonstrated track record of performance can be considered.
- If a 4-year degree is completed and verifiable, a minimum of 3 years’ experience with outside B2B sales in the Pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred.
- Vendor credentialing experience in the medical field.
- Ability to travel up to 75% (US only).
- Valid driver’s license and passport with no major driving violations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.ID:uDnQdo