LFG Specialties, LLC
At APTIM, we come to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. Our work spans from safeguarding and maintaining critical infrastructure to helping communities recover from natural disasters, from empowering our armed forces and first responders to reducing carbon and energy use, and from making cities more resilient against the threats of climate change to restoring contaminated ecological systems.
APTIM Environmental & Infrastructure, LLC, a leading engineering firm with a global presence and a thriving coastal engineering practice has an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Surveyor to join our dynamic team in Tampa or Boca Raton, Florida.
APTIM performs topographic and hydrographic surveys in support of a variety of engineering projects, coastal restoration projects, flood protection projects, offshore energy development, as well as geodetic control, topographic, and boundary survey tasks. The position will involve collecting, processing, and analyzing survey data including, topographic, hydrographic, geodetic control and boundaries. This data will be utilized to prepare engineering, geological and geohazard maps, technical and scientific reports, and presentations for regulatory, facilities siting, foundation-design, and a variety of other engineering applications in a team setting.
What you can expect from APTIM:
- Work that is worthy of your time and talent
- Respect and flexibility to live a full life at work and at home
- Dogged determination to deliver for our clients and communities
- A voice in making our company better
- Investment into your personal and professional development
- Open to outdoor work including coastal and upland activities
- Travel within the United States required
- Familiar with field data collection and survey tasks
- Familiar with RTK GNSS preferred
- Familiar with Single Beam and Multibeam Sonars preferred
- Familiar with Total Stations and other conventional land survey preferred
- Mid-size (<30') boat handling and comfortable with on-water duties (swimming, wading, boating, etc.) preferred
- 0-3 years of related experience with an emphasis on Land and/or Coastal Hydrographic Survey preferred
- Knowledge of theories, practices and procedures to complete field and office tasks with limited supervision/assistance
- Develops competence in own area by performing routine work
- Communicates information, asks questions and checks for understanding
- Builds team effectiveness skills within own work team
- Must be willing to travel and be able to adapt to challenging environments and extended work hours
Who we are and what we do:
APTIM is a global industry leader headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. With more than 4,000 employees worldwide, APTIM specializes in critical infrastructure, technical and data solutions, program management, environmental services, resilience, as well as sustainability and energy solutions. Our dedicated people have the proven experience and expertise to provide integrated services and solutions to government agencies, commercial, industrial, and energy customers. APTIM is committed to accelerating the transition toward a clean and efficient energy economy, building a sustainable future for our communities and the natural world, and creating an inclusive equitable environment that celebrates the diversity of our people.
Watch our video: