Systems Admin Prin
Job DescriptionThe Opportunity: Join BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who supports the U.S Navy’s Strategic System Program (SSP). We are searching for an on-site Windchill System Administrator to support the Information Technology Operations Team.
The Role: As a Windchill System Administrator you will work with a Team to install, configure, and maintain multiple PTC Windchill instances across several networks. You will:
- Install, configure, harden, patch, tune and upgrade PTC Windchill deployments
- Troubleshoot PTC Windchill issues to restore operations
- Work directly with engineering teams to resolve system issues
- Install, configure, harden, patch, tune, and upgrade Windows Servers that support the Windchill deployments
- Support the configuration management of the Windchill system
- Harden Windows Servers in accordance with System Security Policies and DISA STIGs
- Troubleshoot Windows server issues to restore operations
- Assist with COT’s installations, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Perform vulnerability scans and remediate findings
- Create technical documentation to include technical instructions and technical designs
- Use ticketing system to document requests, track changes, and explain resolutions
- You are eager to work in a DoD environment supporting the customer’s mission
- You love learning how to use and administer new tools and technologies
- You enjoy working with people and collaborating across teams
- You have a high degree of personal drive, initiative and the ability to drive change
Required Skills and EducationMinimum education and years of related/relevant work experience required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline and at least six years of related/relevant experience.
BAE has found that success in this position also requires:
- Ability to meet the requirements for an IAT II as specified in the DoD 8570 (all) or have the ability to meet the requirements for an IAT II as specified in the DoD 8570 within 6 months of start date AND have a SECNAV 5239 qualifying degree
- Extensive backend experience with PTC Windchill, this should include both experience managing the tool and supporting the associated infrastructure
- Extensive hands on experience managing Windows Server to include deployments, upgrades, patches, and hardening
- Experience hardening systems in accordance with DISA’s Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- The ability to understand and remediate vulnerabilities identified by CTOs, IVAMs, DISA STIGS, ACAS, and EvaluteSTIG
- Experience with PowerShell to automate tasks and manage systems
- Must be capable of developing and refining automation scripts for system management
- Must be capable of working with engineering staff to diagnose and correct issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of Virtualization (VMWARE Preferred)
- Ability to interact with and effectively present information to peers, management and customers.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and government officials
- Ability to obtain and maintain Common Access Card (CAC), badge access to the customer’s facility, and a SSP network account in good standing
- Windchill v. 12.x
- Apache Web Server
- Apache Tomcat
- Windchill Solr Index Server
- Windchill Server side Queue Manager
- Running Oracle SQL queries using SQL+
- PTC Thingworx
- Microsoft SQL Server (Database supports Thingworx)
- Windchill upgrade manager
- Windchill data loader
- Installing Windchill Critical Patch Sets (CPS)
- Windows ADFS, SSO and PKI Certificates
Security clearance requirements: Active DoD Secret security clearance and eligibility to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & SecurityBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and EducationPreferred Skills and Education:
Additional education, experience, and skills that will further contribute to your success include:
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Experience working in a hybrid military-civilian military environment
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience