Systems Designer Associate
Iowa Mold Tooling Co., Inc.
About Pierce, an Oshkosh company
At Pierce Manufacturing, we build trucks that protect people and communities around the world. To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials, tankers and rescue units that have no equal. Today, you'll find more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a difference in people's lives, every day. To us, every step in the process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
Systems Designer Associate R22409
The Associate Systems Designer will support engineers with drawing layouts by utilizing computer-aided drafting software. This role will also be responsible for creating new and modified components and Bill of Materials (BOM) in accordance to the Oshkosh standards.
- Update current drawings per markups based on direction from engineering; re-master CAD drawings to current format.
- Use computer-aided drafting systems to create 3D and 2D layouts of parts and small assemblies.
- Self-check own work to ensure accuracy and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with established CAD specifications and standards.
- Prepare and create Change Notice (CN) documents based on BOM and design layouts for appropriate date entry.
- Utilize ERP systems to create part numbers following the proper naming process and data entry requirements.
- Create and review BOM following engineering procedures.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support; provide assistance when needed.
- Associate degree or equivalent* with four (4) years of experience in drafting/design.
- Associate degree or equivalent* with five (5) years of experience in drafting/design.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of using standard Windows Office tools including SharePoint, email, and CAD tools.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Moving the future forward is our priority and this includes your future. We encourage professional development and champion our employees’ success through various skills and training opportunities. Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies™ by Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years, everything we do at Oshkosh is guided by our core values and the 15k+ team members around the world who embody them.
We put people first. We do the right thing. We persevere. We are better together.
We offer our employees an outstanding range of benefits, including:
- Eligibility on Day 1 for medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Up to $10,000 each year for tuition reimbursement to allow you to further your education in a degreed program (Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programs)
- 401k plan with company match, $.50 for every dollar up to 6%
- Competitive paid-time off plans
- Company bonus plan, free life, short and long-term disability plans
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution up to $1K per year
- Many, many more!
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or email@example.com.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.ID:uDnQdo