Systems Engineer – $5000 Sign-on Bonus
Title:Systems Engineer - $5000 Sign-on Bonus
Kord Technologies, LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of KBR Wyle Services, LLC is seeking a Systems Engineer to be a part of the lead systems integration team for the Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS) upgrade.
- The immediate role for the Systems Engineer (SE) will support the Chief Engineer, Lead Systems Engineer, and the Program Manager in the management and execution of the safety and reliability program requirements, safety assessment, and hazard analysis tasks.
- In addition, the SE will support the Lead SE in the development and maturation of the system level requirements throughout the phases of the development cycle, starting at PDR and up to completion of system level qualification tests.
- The SE will coordinate with the government and subcontractors in the execution of recurring system safety IPTs and working group meetings.
- The SE should have experience in at least one key sub-system of a missile, (e.g., electronic safe and arm device, guidance, propulsion, control) and who is proactive in closing technical knowledge gaps to develop an understanding of the intent of all sub-systems that will make up the GMLRS upgrade.
- The SE will have the opportunity to gain experience from more senior level SEs to enhance his/her professional development in the depth of the systems engineering discipline by supporting the creation of program specific systems engineering standards and procedures that will form a part of the GMLRS upgrade program.
- The SE will support the tracking of system engineering metrics to measure the development progress of the GMLRS upgrade program.
Other Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manage the system safety and reliability aspects of the GMLRS upgrade program as guided by MIL-STDs and customer developed safety and reliability regulations
- Evaluate subcontractor system safety and reliability SDRLs to ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Manage the development of system safety and reliability CDRLs to support key program design reviews - Identify and present system safety risks and mitigation strategies to key stakeholders
- Familiar with DOORS in the management of the parent/child specification hierarchy, requirements, and traceability
- Support the traceability of hardware, firmware, and software requirements to the top-level missile system
- Coordinate and support safety board and technical review panel meetings, e.g., AFSRB, SSSTRP, WSESRB
- Knowledge of system safety and reliability documentation and the level of maturation expected throughout the development cycle, e.g., SSPP, PHA, FHA, SRHA, FMECA - Knowledge of EVM concepts and performing CAM duties
- Support failure investigation teams and assist in root cause analysis and corrective action development
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an engineering related discipline or other STEM field.
- 3 to 5 years years or more of related experience.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.