Systems Engineer II – Systems Test Engineer
Woburn Ma, MA
Country:United States of America
Location:MA311: Woburn MA 225 Presidential 225 Presidential Way Goddard Building 27, Woburn, MA, 01801 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a difference across a broad end-to-end solution set, a rich technology and product portfolio, a wide range of disciplines, a growing global footprint, and a diverse team of colleagues and customers.
What does Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) do?
SI&T integrates, verifies, and validates our products. We put our systems together, exercise them in the lab or in the field, measure and analyze performance, and make sure our products work the first time and every time. To accomplish this, we develop plans and procedures, debug and evaluate system functions and interfaces, develop test environments, and work hand-in-hand with our customers.
Who is SI&T?
We're a diverse group of engineers that are dedicated to ensuring our products protect the warfighter.
The Radars and Sensors Center within Systems Integration and Test seeks talented Systems Engineers to join our team supporting performance analysis utilizing modeling and simulation tools and utilize the results in support of Ground Test and Flight Test events, development of verification strategies for advanced radar capabilities and software builds, and the execution of the strategies within a hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) or other simulation environment.
We develop test plans and procedures, debug and evaluate system functions and interfaces, verify system requirements in support of final sell-off to the customer, and integrate hardware and software.
Defining the future of aerospace and defense
Connecting Vision with Precision
Raytheon Missiles & Defense - YouTube
Please note that due to the nature of our work, all roles require on-site presence up to 100%.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Support test events, including Flight test and Ground test events, either in the US or internationally
- Perform data analysis of simulations, software, and radar hardware
- Build and execute simulated scenarios to gauge sensor performance metrics and executing the strategies within a HWIL or other simulation environment
- Perform analysis of regression test of the radar software
- Support troubleshooting and failure data analyses, including root cause and corrective action processes and advanced use of lab or field test equipment
- Complete detailed system performance analysis and requirements tracing, including the use of analysis tools, such as MATLAB and DOORS
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team in an engineering environment
- Ensure that the test and evaluation processes are conducted according to established procedures for software and hardware
- Support analysis activities and products with team leads and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks
- Prepare and present results in reports and briefings
- Ability to periodically travel (CONUS and/or OCONUS) and work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles while supporting test program objectives. Local travel between RMD facilities in MA is expected.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 2 years of experience in an engineering role with system integration or test for Department of Defense systems AND
- Experience performing data analysis using tools such as MATLAB, Python, C/C++, or other programming language
- Experience using common test equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting technical issues with software or electronics systems
- Experience executing systems engineering activities within team environment and working closely with other systems engineers to strategize team approaches to tasks
- Experience with creating plans, automated test scripts, and/or conducting performance analysis
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience specifically including test, integration, or verification and validation of X-Band family of radars (GBRP, AN/TPY-2, XBR), Early Warning Radars or other Missile Defense System (MDS) sensors
- Experience in developing and evaluating hardware and test requirements
- Experience with using C/C++ code and routines, integrating software with hardware/electronics, generating simulations, establishing configuration control processes, and with using the Command Line Interface for Linux/UNIX
- Experience with commonly used commercial test equipment, such as Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.
- Exposure to Agile development
- Current/Active DoD security clearance or SSBI
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met.
#LI - Onsite
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms