Systems Engineer III – Space Systems Architect
Sierra Nevada Corp.
In this role you will contiribute to the design and build of a transformational new ground architecture for a DoD space-based system-of-systems. You will collaborate with developers, engineers, and operations personnel to develop digital models of the system architecture and implementation utilizing Model-Driven Design and Implementation (MDDI) and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodologies. You will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. This is an opportunity for you to develop and field a system with immediate impact to space operations.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Functional analysis
- Timeline analysis
- Detailed trade studies
- Requirements allocation
- Interface definition studies
- Support engineering design reviews such as System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) and Program Management Reviews (PMRs)
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Understanding of and/or prior experience in Systems Engineering Life Cycle Management from developing hardware and software requirements, design, integration, iterative process to testing, validation and quality assurance processes
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems engineering concepts, methods, and processes
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary desin and development teams
- Knowledge of requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Experience with Git source control and CI pipeline systems
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- Prior experience with ground command, control, and communications architectures
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.ID:uDnQdo