Mikros Systems Corp.
The FAA’s System Engineering and Technical Innovative Solutions (SETIS) portfolio will provide a broad range of Research, Service Analysis, Strategic Planning, Systems Engineering (SE), technical, financial, and programmatic support services that will enable the FAA to accomplish its National Airspace System (NAS), Mission Support and other aviation-related objectives.
This exciting and diverse work includes the technical, financial, and programmatic support services, and other aviation-related support services that fall within the FAA’s Acquisition Management System (AMS) Lifecycle Management Policy activities, including but not limited to:
- Systems engineering and integration,
- Investment and business case analysis,
- System acquisition program planning and management,
- System development and implementation planning and management,
- System Life Extension Program/Technical Refresh planning,
- Program and contract management,
- Forecasting and business/financial/information management
In addition, the candidate will be involved in Aviation, Innovation, and New Entrants related activities that fall outside the AMS Lifecycle Management Policy. This includes, but is not limited to research, analysis, and assessment supporting the development of systems, standards, policies, published rules, and procedures.
For SETIS, Noblis is seeking System Engineers and Systems Integrators who will be responsible for conducting comprehensive system-wide review and analysis of all aspects of the NAS development life cycle, particularly the Air Traffic Control (ATC) system, including ATC automation, communications, and navigation and surveillance elements of the NAS. The successful candidates will provide expertise in the transition of legacy systems to modernized systems.
Systems Engineering Skills:
- Function identification, modeling, decomposition, analysis and needs identification
- Performance modeling, analysis and requirements development/determination
- Availability, safety, and security requirement determination
- Management expertise including configuration management
- Experience with requirements management and requirements writing in the federal government space
- Alternatives identification, analysis, and selection
- Systems architectures in support of the overall Enterprise Architecture
- Model Based System Engineering/Digital Engineering
- Test development and execution
- Concept definition and Concepts of Operation
- Knowledge of IT systems and system development
- Knowledge of benefit-cost analysis, risk identification and management
- Demonstrated technical leadership in FAA's NAS modernization programs
- Knowledge of FAA's Acquisition Management System processes and products
- Experience in integrating new systems into the National Airspace System (NAS)
- NAS Enterprise Architecture knowledge
- DOORS knowledge and experience
- Program Management support experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Customer-service and goal oriented
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
Educational and Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor's Degree in engineering (civil, electrical, electronic, chemical, industrial, mechanical, aeronautical, systems or computer) or Physical Sciences (e.g., mathematics, physics) is required. Depending on additional education or experience, progressive levels of skill will be considered in determining job series.
- 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Master's Degree in related field may be substituted for bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience.
- PhD in related field may be substituted for bachelor’s degree and 7 years’ experience.
Work experience that is not relevant to the labor category definition will not be considered in the "Years of Relevant Experience" calculation.
Client Engagement· Learn about and support Noblis’ client engagement, corporate values, and corporate strategic priorities, including providing input to proposal writers. · Build a productive relationship with your client and understand their structure and goals. · Participate in the proposal process by providing input to proposal writers.
At Noblis, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections. Regular full and part time staff are incentive plan eligible.
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]