Task Order Manager (FAA)
Mikros Systems Corp.
Noblis is a nonprofit science, technology, and strategy organization that brings the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise to a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Noblis’ Federal Civilian Solutions’ (FCS) mission is to advance and protect our federal civilian government’s infrastructure, capabilities and citizen services through the delivery of applied science, lifecycle engineering, data analytics, and digital transformation solutions. Our investments in technology, transformation, and talent enable us deliver transformative capabilities that fundamentally shift the way our civilian government delivers its services and solutions. Our team is rapidly growing across the civil sector and we are seeking a highly qualified leader to join our team.
With the expected growth in air traffic operations and our aging infrastructure, the FAA
continues the task of modernizing and transforming the NAS to meet the future demands of Air Traffic. The vehicle to accomplish this is called the System Engineering and Technical Innovation Solutions (SETIS) contract. The overarching objectives for the future remain the same — maximizing airspace capacity with more sophisticated and seamlessly integrated information about the future position of aircraft at a given time — while maintaining the safest air travel possible.
Air traffic controllers already have better information to track and separate aircraft safely
and efficiently. Pilots have more aeronautical, traffic, and weather information inside the
cockpit. Airlines fly faster, more direct routes to get passengers to their destinations more
quickly while burning less fuel and producing fewer emissions. The FAA is on target to meet their original high-level objectives for NextGen by 2025. By that time, major NextGen transformational systems will be in place, and the FAA expects to achieve additional individual benefits by leveraging NextGen capabilities all along the way. Beyond that date, the FAA will continue to accrue benefits through enterprise-level advanced applications, additional aircraft equipage, and full workforce adoption of a time-based management system.
Working closely with stakeholders, the FAA invested in research and pre-implementation work to determine the feasibility of advanced concepts and their associated benefits. In what continues to be reflected is the dynamic nature of the NAS. The FAA must accommodate new entrants such as unmanned aircraft and commercial space vehicles, as well as address evolving challenges such as cybersecurity and NAS sustainment and resiliency. NextGen Portfolios are laid out in the NextGen Implementation Plan and include: improved surface operations; improved approaches and low-visibility operations; improved multiple runway operations; performance based navigation; time-based flow management; collaborative air traffic management; separation management; on-demand NAS information; environment and energy; system safety management; NAS infrastructure; and still ensuring our leadership position in managing the safest and most efficient air transportation system in the world.
The objective of this contract is to provide a broad range of research, service analysis, strategic planning, systems engineering (SE), technical, financial, and programmatic support services, and other aviation related support services, that will enable the FAA to accomplish its NAS, Mission Support, and other aviation related mission objectives.
We are seeking a Task Order Manager to help manage our task orders under the SETIS portfolio. In this position, you can expect to perform day-to-day management of overall contract support operations, possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning and production of all contract support activities
- Serve as primary client interface providing status reporting and project documentation
- Provide project management, planning, and integration support to Sr. Program Manager
- Deliver strategic leadership and guidance to the team against current and future client needs
- Monitor cost, schedule, and performance
- Track and manage program risks
- Support program staffing and recruiting needs
- Manage client relationships across the portfolio
- Support business development activities
- Apply Noblis standard processes for program and project management
- Escalate and resolve program issues
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- 8 years of direct supervision of technical personnel involved in life-cycle management support of complex systems.
- Capable of leading projects that involve the successful management of teams composed of engineers, scientists, and management professionals who have been involved in analyzing, designing, developing, integrating, training, testing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining complex systems.
- Ability to effectively interface with government leadership
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills
- Administrative experience with a high-level of proficiency working with MS Office (Word, Project, Excel and Power Point) and collaboration sites (MS SharePoint).
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion
- Flexibility/Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent relationship building and management skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
Client Engagement• Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients’ emerging support needs and trends with team members and management. · Participate on proposals
At Noblis, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections. Regular full and part time staff are incentive plan eligible.
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]