Tax and Treasury Specialist
- $100k - $110k per year plus 10% Bonus (DOE)
- Tax Management:
- Prepare and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to optimize the organization's tax position and minimize liabilities.
- Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations, assessing their impact on the company and advising management accordingly.
- Conduct tax research and analysis to support decision-making and maintain tax compliance.
- Coordinate with external tax advisors, auditors, and government agencies as necessary.
- Manage the organization's cash flow, liquidity, and risk management activities.
- Oversee the execution of banking transactions, including cash transfers, wire transfers, and investment activities.
- Monitor and analyze financial market trends, interest rates, and currency fluctuations to make informed decisions.
- Develop and implement treasury policies and procedures to ensure efficient cash management.
- Prepare cash forecasts and provide recommendations for optimizing working capital.
- Ensure compliance with tax laws, regulations, and internal controls, and oversee the preparation of tax-related financial statements.
- Prepare accurate and timely tax reports, including income tax provision, tax reconciliations, and indirect tax filings.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as Accounting and Legal, to gather financial data and ensure accurate tax reporting.
- Assist in internal and external tax audits, providing necessary documentation and support.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Legal, and Operations, to provide tax and treasury guidance and support.
- Liaise with external partners, such as tax authorities, auditors, and banks, to address tax and treasury-related matters.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and changes in tax regulations to provide guidance and insights to stakeholders.
- Provide training and support to finance and operational teams on tax and treasury matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A Master's degree or relevant professional certification (e.g., CPA, CTP) is preferred.
- Proven experience in tax management and treasury functions, preferably in a corporate or public accounting environment.
- Strong knowledge of tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with treasury management concepts, including cash flow forecasting, risk management, and investment strategies.
- Proficiency in financial analysis and reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office Suite, particularly Excel.